Windows 10: Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Discus and support Not detected by USB port - Garmin in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amd62, Jun 6, 2017.

1. amd62 Win User

Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Hello

I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore.

I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor can windows. It doesnt enter Mass storage mode, and disk management doesnt detect it either. However, it just goes into charging mode. Device itself works perfectly and tracks HR/GPS etc., but it is not detected as a storage device by the pc.

Things i've tried.
    - Multiple Pcs with the newest Garmin Express (windows 10)
    - Reinstall/clean install of Garmin Express.
    - Cleaned the watches contacts/connection points etc.
    - Reset/hard reset the watch
    - Garmins suggestion on forcing software mode on the watch. (Turn it off and hold START/STOP while plugging into USB -> Just goes into charging again)

ANY help is appreciated. Comments, suggestions and certainly solutions *Biggrin

:)

amd62, Jun 6, 2017

2. Garmin nuvi 3597 will not work with any Hp computers

I tested two Hp computers, a desk-top model and the Spectre x360 with Windows 10 (8/2015 model). Plug Garmin nuvi 3597 into the USB ports of each computer....they do not recognize the Garmin device. Plug Garmin nuvi 3597 into a Dell with Windows XP,
    it detects the device. Plug Garmin into a ASUS with Windows 7, it detects the device. Hp will not support the Spectre x360 under warranty to find a USB driver download that will detect the Garmin; you have to pay for "premium" support. Premium support claims
    they can have you download a USB driver that has a 50/50 chance of working with the Garmin for $100 one-time fee; if it does not work, you are out $100. Moral of the story....don't buy an Hp if you have a Garmin device, buy a Dell.

BeckyMuska, Jun 6, 2017
  3. TjBrP Win User
    Garmin eTrex

I have a Garmin eTrex. Now that I have Windows 10, it won't detect the device. I've tried at work with Windows 10 and it doesn't work there either. There's nothing wrong with my USB ports or my Garmin.

How do I get my computer to "see" it?

TjBrP, Jun 6, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Give this a try:
    Disconnect the Garmin device.
    Go to Device Manager > Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    Then Right click and uninstall every instance of a USB controller
    If any Root Hubs are left uninstall them too.
    Restart the computer
    Windows will reinstall all the USB devices. You may need to reinstall the USB 3.0 driver manually.

Now test the Garmin device.

5. Since it failed on many PC's, probably not the PC itself
    • Have you tried different USB 2.0 ports and on different machines. Some devices do better with 2.0 (even tho 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible)
    • Tried a different USB cable?
    • Do you know if there's ever (how recent?) there's been a firmware update to your Garmin and can you see what version it runs? (I'd guess the Garmin tool on the PC would manage/report on this if any info to be found). Check with Garmin if more recent? Or if you think problem may have started after an update if you can downgrade the firmware?

ComputerGeek, Jun 7, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Good point.

Thema:

1. Not detected by USB port - Garmin - Similar Threads - detected USB port

2. USB port not detecting external devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port not detecting external devices.: I am having a PC running Windows 11.I am trying to connect a Kobo Clara HD e-Reader to my laptop. I can see my reader is charging when connected to my PC. But I am unable to view the explorer like before to transfer files into it.This used to be working fine several months...
  3. usb port will not reconize garmin gps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port will not reconize garmin gps: usb port will not reconize garmin gps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-will-not-reconize-garmin-gps/93e092e6-2324-40d1-a337-06e5a54dbe81
  4. usb port will not reconize garmin gps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port will not reconize garmin gps: usb port will not reconize garmin gps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-will-not-reconize-garmin-gps/93e092e6-2324-40d1-a337-06e5a54dbe81
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. Garmin USB Device not detected or recognized in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Garmin USB Device not detected or recognized in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will talk about different workarounds you can try if Garmin USB Device is not detected or recognized in Windows 11/10. Garmin is a widespread and trusted GPS tracking navigation device available for Windows. It is used to keep an eye on your fitness...
  8. USB wifi not detected in some USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi not detected in some USB ports: Hello, I have a wireless USB adapter that works perfect in the front USB ports of my PC. But it doesn't work in the back USB ports. The same wireless adapter in the same machine with other operating sistem Linux, the adapter works perfect in both ports. How could I get it...
  9. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  10. USB ports not recognizing drives, thumbrives or GPSs (Garmin)

USB ports not recognizing drives, thumbrives or GPSs (Garmin): Win 10 is a new adventure for me. Relatively new Dell Inspiron 5555 that I have been running without issue since March. Plug and play two WD portable drives, several memory sticks/SD Cards and two different Garmin GPSs without issue., up until this afternoon. This morning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. garmin nuvi not detected by pc