Windows 10: Not detecting microphone

Discus and support Not detecting microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My microphone isnt connecting to my pc for some reason. I know the microphone works because i used it on my phone just fine, and i know its my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SherbertSheep621, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Not detecting microphone

My microphone isnt connecting to my pc for some reason. I know the microphone works because i used it on my phone just fine, and i know its my pc because i used the same microphone on the same computer a year ago just fine. Its not detecting my microphone and i dont know what happened that made it stop working.

submitted by /u/SherbertSheep621
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SherbertSheep621, Feb 14, 2021

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Not detecting microphone

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Not detecting microphone

1. Not detecting microphone - Similar Threads - detecting microphone

2. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  3. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  4. Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected: When I try to use the microphone on my laptop it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-microphone-on-windows-10-not-detected/a08b55a2-9017-41f0-b776-7b5e38edf63a
  5. Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected

Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected: When I try to use the microphone on my laptop it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-microphone-on-windows-10-not-detected/a08b55a2-9017-41f0-b776-7b5e38edf63a
  6. Why is the microphone on Windows 10 not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  8. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  9. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Headset microphone not being detected/used

Headset microphone not being detected/used: Hey everyone. I have a Razer Blackshark V2x Headset and a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 Laptop. I recently reset my laptop from scratch and now the headset's microphone wont get used whenever I try to use it in apps like discord. The laptop just keeps using the laptop's own default...