Windows 10: Not detecting speakers if connected while PC is already turned on

Discus and support Not detecting speakers if connected while PC is already turned on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new Dell has a problem and does not detect the speakers if plugged in after the PC is on, whether plugged in front headphone 3.5mm or rear audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OswaldCordeiro, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Not detecting speakers if connected while PC is already turned on

My new Dell has a problem and does not detect the speakers if plugged in after the PC is on, whether plugged in front headphone 3.5mm or rear audio 3.5mm port. Windows 10 or NVIDIA display my monitor connected via DVI, as the audio playback source, but this monitor Viotek 144hz has NO built in speakers! It is frustrating if I forget to connect the 3.5mm speaker wire before turning on my PC I have 3 PCs connected and share the same set of speakers. I do not have this problem with the other 2 budget PC from HP and ACER. The free 1 year support is useless and they concluded that it is some

:)

OswaldCordeiro, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Not detecting speakers if connected while PC is already turned on

Bluetooth not detected my speaker

Hi Ariff,

The challenge you're experiencing with connecting your Bluetooth speaker to your PC might be due to a misconfiguration of the device driver. That being said, we advise running the troubleshooter for Bluetooth problems to help you rectify the issue. Running
    the troubleshooter will scan and fix your PC for any issues detected with the configuration of your Bluetooth. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Bluetooth under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

If you think this post was useful, feel free to Mark it as an answer to help those who are experiencing the same issue.

Devlin Sco, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Not detecting speakers if connected while PC is already turned on

1. Not detecting speakers if connected while PC is already turned on - Similar Threads - detecting speakers connected

2. How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...: I have connected my wireless earpods and I was watching some videos and hearing properly , but when I had a meeting the other side wasn't able to hear me at all. I tried to see if there is something to do with the settings but it shows speaker is detected but the mic isn't...
  3. How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...: I have connected my wireless earpods and I was watching some videos and hearing properly , but when I had a meeting the other side wasn't able to hear me at all. I tried to see if there is something to do with the settings but it shows speaker is detected but the mic isn't...
  4. How to fix the Issue of the pc not detecting the mic in my earpods while the speaker is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microphone cant detect sound, even already connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone cant detect sound, even already connected: Around a week ago, my headphone's mic stopped working. It had been working on this PC for a while but it just suddenly stopped working. I know it isn't my headphone's problem because I have tried it on 2 other devices a laptop and a mac where it worked perfectly fine, though...
  6. Microphone cant detect sound, even already connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cant detect sound, even already connected: Around a week ago, my headphone's mic stopped working. It had been working on this PC for a while but it just suddenly stopped working. I know it isn't my headphone's problem because I have tried it on 2 other devices a laptop and a mac where it worked perfectly fine, though...
  7. Microphone cant detect sound, even already connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Speakers not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not detected: Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and sound drivers worked, but not this time. Laptop is not even detecting its own internal speakers as an option....
  9. speakers wont connect to pc

speakers wont connect to pc: hi I need help my speakers don't show up in display playback and it is not in the hidden devices and I checked if the speakers work with my laptop and they do but not with the pc and the only thing that connects to the sound is nvidia high definition audio and all my drivers...
  10. Speakers not detected

Speakers not detected: My speakers,in the morning was fine,but now it's gone!It started with the Settings app not opening the sound panel,then the speaker name not appearing in the taskbar volume switch,and now it thinks there is no speaker!The speaker is named High Definition Audio Device and is a...