Windows 10: Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional?

Discus and support Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There's not enough space on my external drive to back up my files AND a system image. I've deleted all but one backup and it has a system image. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Notcoping, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Notcoping Win User

Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional?

There's not enough space on my external drive to back up my files AND a system image. I've deleted all but one backup and it has a system image. The Control Panel back up info doesn't include how NOT to make a system image with the back up. I can fix the space later but I need to back up now.

:)

Notcoping, Feb 4, 2020

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Feb 4, 2020
  3. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional?

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional?

1. Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional? - Similar Threads - enough space system

2. System image cannot be backed up because System Reserved partition does not have enough space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image cannot be backed up because System Reserved partition does not have enough space.: I installed Windows10 Home on a machine on which Windows 7 Home was installed. Before I installed Windows 10, I removed all the partitions on the desk by using diskpart partition /override. Then the System Reserved partition of 50MB was created by the Windows...
  3. Backing up system image

Backing up system image: If I back up a system image on an external storage, will it erase the existing data on the external storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-system-image/8f04a05f-43b6-4633-b212-400d17fd1a81
  4. System Image Back Up Not Working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Back Up Not Working: Hi, I'm trying to do a system image back up with win10 (20H2) on a new install, but I can't get it working. I don't normally have a problem with this procedure. Nothing I do with any internal or external drive allows me to do it. The result is always a message indicating...
  5. Unbale back up a system image

Unbale back up a system image: Keep getting 'check VSS and SPP log. Logs are not helping at all. Error code 0x81000019. I have checked multiple threads and tried starting services, clean book, check **** etc etc. No other language pack installed. I have another PC that has no such problem....
  6. System Image Back Up

System Image Back Up: How should I prepare my hard drive for a system image back up to DVD/CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-back-up/d7cd84c5-5317-451e-8f95-d580a3f22aff
  7. Back Up System Image Failed

Back Up System Image Failed: When I try to backup the System Image to an external hard drive, I get the following error: "Windows backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared file. Please retry the operation after making sure that the remote shared file is available and accessible...
  8. Back up System Image

Back up System Image: Hello, I have HP pavilion laptop, and want to make System Image Back up by: Back up and Restore (Windows 7) ==> Create a system image. I have 2 physical disks in my laptop: A- Disk 0 (SSD): Windows(C) + Windows RE tools. B- Disk 1 (HDD): 1- Data (D) 2- HP Factory...
  9. Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?: I've downloaded a 128GB image that I plan to put on an SD card. It is compressed using rar. I'm attempting to move the file from the rar one of my spare drives but it won't decompress properly. I keep getting an error stating there is not enough space on the drive. Again, the...
  10. System Image Back Up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Back Up: Trying to do a system image back up on Windows 10.Get error 0x80042302.Shows back up disc disconnected.It is connected.In file history it shows the hard drive any more deals ? 60169