Windows 10: not enough space for latest windows 10 update

Discus and support not enough space for latest windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I read a lot of comments in a lot of chats since 2015! Some very technical however, I do not see any MSFT support here. Sure, how to create space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Argentinus, Mar 24, 2020.

1. not enough space for latest windows 10 update

I read a lot of comments in a lot of chats since 2015! Some very technical however, I do not see any MSFT support here. Sure, how to create space however, my daughter´s PC has 2GB left but needs a 30GB windows update. Who is the amazing person that decided that? How can small laptops for kids function and adapt to this schedule? Really disappointing. I look for a simple and effective solution. Thank you!

:)

Argentinus, Mar 24, 2020

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 24, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

not enough space for latest windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

not enough space for latest windows 10 update

1. not enough space for latest windows 10 update - Similar Threads - enough space latest

2. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  3. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  4. Update - Not enough space

Update - Not enough space: trying to install updates. Get message "Not enough space" need 1.6 GB. Added external drive to create space 11.4 GB. Stilltries to "make space" does not recognize available space on external drive....
  5. Not enough disk space to update windows 10

Not enough disk space to update windows 10: I am trying to update to windows 10 on a laptop with 32GB and I keep getting the not enough disk space error. Several articles and forums talk about a button that gives you the option to use an external drive, but the Windows 10 update assistant doesn't have that button. It...
  6. Can't update Windows 10 to latest version (not enough space)

Can't update Windows 10 to latest version (not enough space): Hi, I have a PC with a dual boot Linux + Windows. Linux is fine and I principally use it, I sometimes go to my Windows but I can't update it. The W10 version is 1511, and Windows tried to update but keep saying that there is not enough space. I found this link...
  7. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  8. UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE

UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE: Good Morning and Happy Holidays Everyone I am trying to update my Lpetop unfortunaly I need to free up space on my C: Drive, But I don't know how to do this, I have on my storage usage System and Reserve 11.5 GB Apps and Games 1.7 GB Other 14.4I...
  9. not enough space to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not enough space to update: I have removed all files on to a thumb drive and I still do not have enough space to perform an update on my surface. I have deleted every program that is not required. How can perform the update?...
  10. Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

Windows 10 update - not enough space to update: I can't install Windows 10 Update due to lack of space on c drive. I've tried removing things I don't need, but its not enough. Windows Support says I can install the update using an external storage device, but that doesn't come up as an option....