Windows 10: Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365

Discus and support Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About 2 years ago I bought a PC with a 4Tb hard drive. I used W10 Disk management to separate the OS C:\ drive from other data drives and also set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cricman47, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Cricman47 Win User

Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365

About 2 years ago I bought a PC with a 4Tb hard drive. I used W10 Disk management to separate the OS C:\ drive from other data drives and also set up A:\ drive for apps and programs. W10 appeared to be taking up about 32Gb so I set the C: drive at 120Gb. Disk Management set the Operating system and related features as Disk 0 and all other drives as Disk 1.

With updates and bloat, plus a couple of programs that will not install on A: drive I now have only 4Gb left on C: drive. I have run clean up and optimisation services but to little effect. This is beginning to affect the speed of the PC. I have plenty of space left on other drives.

I am currently running Office 2010 and I am interested in obtaining Office now Microsoft 365. However, I understand this will only install on C: drive where there is insufficient space. Is it possible to use a different drive for the installation of M365?

Disk Management will not allow me to increase the size of C: drive or Disk 0. I have investigated free partition management software but this also does not appear to offer a solution.

Has Microsoft, in its Wisdom, created a Disk Management option in W10 that prevents any increase in the size of drive C: and then insisted that its new flagship software must be installed on that drive. If so, this is preventing me and others from using Microsoft 365 and I may be forced to look at Google suite or others that avoid this restriction.

Can anyone suggest a simple solution?

:)

Cricman47, Sep 28, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CNot enough space on C: drive for Office 365 :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365 - Similar Threads - enough space drive

2. "Not enough space on destination drive" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Not enough space on destination drive" error: I tried to copy a file to a USB flash drive, but there was insufficient room for it, so I got an error. I then freed up plenty of space on the drive and tried again. It gave me the same error, even though the amount of space was more than adequate. I rebooted Windows 10, but...
  3. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  4. Not enough space on c drive to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough space on c drive to install windows 10: Hey guys, I have an ASUS all in one pc running windows 7, not used for a few years, good spec to update to windows 10 but c drive does not have enough space to install after I moved and deleted everything I could think of. D drive has lots of space. How can I install windows...
  5. "Not enough space on hard drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Not enough space on hard drive": Hi I'm trying to install an old program on my Windows 10 computer. Everything seems OK until the "available space" on the hard drive is shown. This shows as a negative amount in Kb, I have a 2TB hard drive which is practically brand new. Help please....
  6. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  7. Not enough space for Windows Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not enough space for Windows Office: I've down the whole search the forums and found the "answer" I guess it worked for others. I have Microsoft Office and I'm trying to download it. It says there is not enough space as my C Drive is just my OS and that's it. I also went into settings and changed where I...
  8. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...
  9. How to run updates with two drives but not enough free space on C:

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to run updates with two drives but not enough free space on C:: I am trying to run updates on my son's desktop PC. It's been idle for 12 months so it's got a lot of updates to run through. The PC has two drives. The C: drive is an SSD with 64GB capacity and 4GB free space while the E: drive is a std hard drive with ~1000GB capacity and...
  10. Backup drive has not enough space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup drive has not enough space: When trying to make an image backup I get"not enough space on drive" although it is a blank drive with 75 GB 25549

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 install saying dont have enough space

2. microsoft office 365 not enough space on dosk c