Windows 10: "Not enough space on destination drive" error

Discus and support "Not enough space on destination drive" error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to copy a file to a USB flash drive, but there was insufficient room for it, so I got an error. I then freed up plenty of space on the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sam_Buck, May 9, 2022.

1. "Not enough space on destination drive" error

I tried to copy a file to a USB flash drive, but there was insufficient room for it, so I got an error. I then freed up plenty of space on the drive and tried again. It gave me the same error, even though the amount of space was more than adequate. I rebooted Windows 10, but the same error occurs. I even scanned for errors with the same result. How can I clear this error for this drive?

submitted by /u/Sam_Buck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sam_Buck, May 9, 2022
  2. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, May 9, 2022
  3. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 9, 2022
  4. "Not enough space on destination drive" error

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 9, 2022
Thema:

"Not enough space on destination drive" error

1. "Not enough space on destination drive" error - Similar Threads - enough space destination

2. "There is not enough space on Windows" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "There is not enough space on Windows" error: I am trying to transfer a large number of photos from my wife's iCloud to a 2TB storage drive D: on my computer. Based on the properties of the D: drive, I currently have 1.64TB of free space in the drive:But when I go to move 30TB of data from iCloud to D: I am getting an...
  3. "There is not enough space on Windows" error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "There is not enough space on Windows" error: I am trying to transfer a large number of photos from my wife's iCloud to a 2TB storage drive D: on my computer. Based on the properties of the D: drive, I currently have 1.64TB of free space in the drive:But when I go to move 30TB of data from iCloud to D: I am getting an...
  4. "There is not enough space on [folder name]" error - lots of unused space on drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "There is not enough space on [folder name]" error - lots of unused space on drive: Hi, I am getting an error message when trying to copy files to my main storage drive. The error reads "There is not enough space on [folder name]", eg: [ATTACH] When trying to copy to the drive directly, not to a folder within the drive, I get a similar error, which also...
  5. "Not enough space on hard drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Not enough space on hard drive": Hi I'm trying to install an old program on my Windows 10 computer. Everything seems OK until the "available space" on the hard drive is shown. This shows as a negative amount in Kb, I have a 2TB hard drive which is practically brand new. Help please....
  6. Not Enough Space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Enough Space?: Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of...
  7. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

"Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  8. Destination not large enough for file.

Destination not large enough for file.: I have a backup file from a program that I use and I am trying to copy the backup file to a flash drive. The file is a little less than 5GB, the first flash drive had a little less than 10GB of free space. The dialog box says the file is too large for the destination...So...
  9. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...
  10. Backup drive has not enough space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup drive has not enough space: When trying to make an image backup I get"not enough space on drive" although it is a blank drive with 75 GB 25549