Windows 10: Not enough space on selected USB drive 32 GB exFAT 4096 Bytes Allocation for ISO or USB...

Discus and support Not enough space on selected USB drive 32 GB exFAT 4096 Bytes Allocation for ISO or USB... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am using a Surface Pro 1 with 8.08 GB free Drive. I am attempting to use it as a "Technician PC" to download windows 10 through the media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Westin BallR, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Not enough space on selected USB drive 32 GB exFAT 4096 Bytes Allocation for ISO or USB...

Hi I am using a Surface Pro 1 with 8.08 GB free Drive. I am attempting to use it as a "Technician PC" to download windows 10 through the media creation tool at this site Website. I've tried both options to download to USB and creating an ISO to use with Rufus. I have a Surface Pro 4 that I regrettable bitlocked without having the passkey purchased on Ebay in either case on the Surface Pro 4 I deleted the c: drive and wanted to reinstall by recovery. Can anybody help? I

:)

Westin BallR, Oct 22, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Allocation unit size for USB flash drive 32GB

Basically, the allocation unit size is the block size on your hard drive when it formats NTFS (default 4096 bytes). If you have lots of small files, then it’s a good idea to keep the allocation size small so your harddrive space won’t be wasted. If you have lots of large files, keeping it higher will increase the system performance by having less blocks to seek.
    For example:
    with a 1 byte file size will occupy 4096 bytes if allocation unit is set to 4096 bytes while it will occupy 8192 bytes if you set it to 8182 bytes.

For flash drive. You can either format with NTFS or ExFat. However, NTFS on flash memory has been known to be inefficient. exFAT’s smaller footprint/overhead.

topgundcp, Oct 22, 2020
  3. USB drive default

Hi Michael

Connect the USB drive

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

In Disk Management, you should see the 32 GB partition with unallocated space to the right of it.

Right click the 32 GB partition, click Extend

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with the 32 GB partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Not enough space on selected USB drive 32 GB exFAT 4096 Bytes Allocation for ISO or USB...

iso to usb

The USB thumb drive might be too small depending on the size of the ISO. To make a bootable copy using Rufus:

You can download Rufus, for free.

After downloading Rufus, connect your thumb drive, launch Rufus application, click in the Device list box then choose your thumb drive.

Click in the list box then choose your partition scheme. If you select the ISO, Rufus will automatically select the appropriate options for you. Next, click in the File system list box, then choose FAT32. If your thumb drive is larger than 32 GBs, choose exFAT.

Leave the default Cluster size then enter a label for your thumb drive.

Click the choose disk image icon, browse to where the ISO file is located, select it then click Open

Click Start to copy the files to the thumb drive.

If you have any files on the thumb drive, they will be deleted.

Wait while the files are copied to your thumb drive.

Close when complete

Open File Explorer, then launch setup to begin the installation.

Andre for Directly, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Not enough space on selected USB drive 32 GB exFAT 4096 Bytes Allocation for ISO or USB...

1. Not enough space on selected USB drive 32 GB exFAT 4096 Bytes Allocation for ISO or USB... - Similar Threads - enough space selected

2. 30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download: god has forsaken meeverything windows in every direction no matter how i try just isn't easyeverything is formated. everything is cleared. nothing helps...
  3. 30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download: god has forsaken meeverything windows in every direction no matter how i try just isn't easyeverything is formated. everything is cleared. nothing helps...
  4. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  5. No enough space on USB to make a bootable usb.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No enough space on USB to make a bootable usb.: Hi, I want to make a bootable USB of windows 10 i have the iso file, i have 4 usb's but each of them is 4 gb only. but windows 10 iso is 5.6 GB so is there any option like create a windows 10 bootable image using 2 USB's or any other method..please Help. Very Important....
  6. Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB...

Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB...: SUB: Creating a Recovery drive program does not recognize my USB drive. I am thinking about installing the October-2020 windows version 20H1 or 20H2 from my current version 1909 OS Build: 18363.1139. In preparation to update my windows 10 home version, I was able to...
  7. exFat 2T USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    exFat 2T USB: Good Morning, I have backed up my pictures on a new 2T USB that i ordered online and i checked and saw my files before deleting them, however after i take out the USB and put it back in the computer i can see the different folders but they are empty even thought the...
  8. USB not enough space for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB not enough space for windows 10: I downloaded the windows 10 iso file to put a fresh install of windows 10 on a usb but when i use the boot camp assistant to transfer the file to the usb it says there is not enough room on the usb but i was told you need atleast 8gb and my usb has 31 gb avaliable....
  9. Cant install April 2018 update, not enough space - 32 gb drive

Cant install April 2018 update, not enough space - 32 gb drive: I have an low end HP stream with 32 gb storage. I can't free up 8gb of space, primarily because my Windows folder by itself has over 20gb of used space. I have tried to do it from a USB and an external HD with no luck. Any suggestions? Bob...
  10. trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB: hello i have win 10 and today connect my trancend usb 3.0 flash drive.the capacity is 128 GB but in appears with 32 GB!!!.i format it but nothing change.any help please 42015