Windows 10: Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb

Discus and support Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, previous month I bought a THOMSON laptop with 32gb storage and PRE-NSTALLED WINDOWS!! I turn on the laptop and..... the actual size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IoannisPetroulakis, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb

Dear Microsoft, previous month I bought a THOMSON laptop with 32gb storage and PRE-NSTALLED WINDOWS!! I turn on the laptop and..... the actual size of the disk is 28 GB and.... cause the software it was to 7,5 GB FREE at the end!!!!!! From 32 to 7,5GB.... NICE..... Now, besides that I dont care who make fun of me, your company or the manufacture (really it is the total the same to me) , when I want and MUST update Win10...guess.....I CANT!!!!!!!! Not only I have to pay for a Flash-drive but I also have to make (SOMEHOW!!!) more space in order to be saved.... Really Microsoft.... If you software cant run properly and DISENT on a DEVISE....TELL NOT TO USE WIN10 !!!!!! What am I supposed to do with a laptop, that need me to find a magical way to update YOUR software, YOUR job...and WHY did I paid for a 32gb laptop when your software needs more than the HALF !!!!!!! What's happing???

:)

IoannisPetroulakis, Sep 22, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 22, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb

Windows update on a 32GB HP Laptop

I am trying to update a15 month old HP 10" laptop with a 32GB Hard disk drive.

Windows is popping up messages saying that "important security updates cannot be installed" due to a lack of disk space.

The updates needed 8GB of space (Yes seriously!) on a drive which shows2GB remaining. After removing all programs, I got up to 2.5 GB.... Then decided to do a full reset, cleaned windows, fresh install.

This gave me 13.5GB on the disk. Yippee!! Started again, it clicked and whirred for a couple of hours. Then told me it needed 8GB. I checked, there is 6.5GB left on this 'brand new' install after downloading the update.

It seems the update needs 8GB PLUS whatever space it takes up whilst downloading.

This seems bizarre, the computer is not exactly uncommon, there are millions of 32GB SSD units out there. Can it really be that windows cannot update itself on a brand new install with a 32GB drive?

Gavin Minion, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb

1. Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb - Similar Threads - enough space laptop

2. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?: I tried reformatting my hard drive it says its unable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-32gb-usb-flash-drive-for/cbce8a9f-aa8f-4233-ace6-6ab629a19316
  3. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?: I tried reformatting my hard drive it says its unable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-32gb-usb-flash-drive-for/cbce8a9f-aa8f-4233-ace6-6ab629a19316
  4. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. not enough space for new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough space for new update: My nephew has an Acer Aspire, running on window 10 S, this is now wanting to update, but the system is saying there is not enough space on the C drive to this, we have done the usual clearing and even removed all his installed stuff, so looking in the laptop, there is nothing...
  6. 32GB SSD netbook - Blank laptop but not enough room to update

32GB SSD netbook - Blank laptop but not enough room to update: Hi all I've got a Dell Inspiron 11 with 32GB SSD. I've been trying for...maybe a year...to install the Windows 10 update. This isn't my main computer, but I'd still like to be able to use it without the constant warnings that my Windows is not supported. Each time, I try...
  7. 32GB PC no space

32GB PC no space: I bought my daughter a 32 GB HP Stream. I updated windows and it used up all the disk space I tried a reset but even that needs space Anything I can do? Is there a smaller OS? Windows 7, Linux? Thank you Peter *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Not Enough Space?

Not Enough Space?: Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of...
  9. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  10. fall creators on small 32gb ssd, not enough space

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fall creators on small 32gb ssd, not enough space: The latest win 10 upgrade requires a minimum of 8gb free space on the C: drive. This is a problem for those with a small storage media, ie typically 32gb. Perhaps Microsoft needs to reconsider how these upgrades are implemented? It shouldn't be necessary to have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is 32 gb enough space for a laptop