Windows 10: Not Enough Space?

Discus and support Not Enough Space? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by claudia_1844, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Not Enough Space?

Hello,

I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of Windows 10. I cannot even seem to take off anything else and so it says I could get a empty drive and so I bought a 32GB flash drive but it still doesnt do anything when I try to update it.

On my C Drive it is red and saying: 2.31 free of 28.0GB. I tried doing the Disc Clean-up already but that didn't help. I wanted to try setting it back to Factory Default Settings but it wont even allow me to do that either. I barely even have anything on here. It is an Acer Laptop. And it says Windows 10 Home 2018

Can someone please help me with this problem?

:)

claudia_1844, Sep 24, 2019

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 24, 2019

3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 24, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User
    Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Sep 24, 2019
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Sep 24, 2019
  6. Joan Pin Win User

Not Enough Space?

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 24, 2019
  7. Joan Pin Win User

Not Enough Space?

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Not Enough Space?

1. Not Enough Space? - Similar Threads - Enough Space

2. How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...: I'm attempting to create an ISO file to install windows on a new PC build and I'm using the Windows media creator. After selecting ISO not USB and selecting the drive I have with nearly 300GB of free space that I double checked was actually cleaned disk space it keeps saying...
  3. How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...: I'm attempting to create an ISO file to install windows on a new PC build and I'm using the Windows media creator. After selecting ISO not USB and selecting the drive I have with nearly 300GB of free space that I double checked was actually cleaned disk space it keeps saying...
  4. How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11": Trying to install Windows 11, keep getting this error. Followed multiple suggestions to resize partitions, repair disk, but nothing is working....
  6. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11": Trying to install Windows 11, keep getting this error. Followed multiple suggestions to resize partitions, repair disk, but nothing is working....
  7. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. it's telling me that i don't have enough space

it's telling me that i don't have enough space: i downloaded the game from steam and downloaded 100 gb from it , then i restarted my pc and tried to resume the download but it tells me that i need more space , before i restarted there was 15 gb remaining and i have 28 gb....
  9. it's telling me that i don't have enough space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it's telling me that i don't have enough space: i downloaded the game from steam and downloaded 100 gb from it , then i restarted my pc and tried to resume the download but it tells me that i need more space , before i restarted there was 15 gb remaining and i have 28 gb....
  10. I don't have enough storage space on my C drive to install updates - not sure best way to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have enough storage space on my C drive to install updates - not sure best way to...: Hi I have a lenovo PC with a C drive with only 117GB space which is constantly too full for updates even though have deleted lots of things and asked all new aps etc to go to my D drive. The D drive has 400GB and I am only using 57GB. Is there a way of moving some of my...