Windows 10: Not enough storage on small tablet pc for version 1803 update

Discus and support Not enough storage on small tablet pc for version 1803 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a small 10 inch Nextbook upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. It only has a 32 GB hard drive, and don't think it can actually be upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sandjm, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Sandjm Win User

Not enough storage on small tablet pc for version 1803 update

We have a small 10 inch Nextbook upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. It only has a 32 GB hard drive, and don't think it can actually be upgraded to 64 or whatever.

It had repeatedly attempted to update to version 1803 without success. Finally, after multiple attempts, it downloaded, but then said there was not enough room, and we needed to make more space and/or add an external storage device.

We went through the "make more space" procedure, but said it needed 14 gb more of space, so I slipped an empty 32 gb sd card into the card slot. When trying to refresh the storage, it would not recognize the sd card.

We tested the sd card in multiple other devices, and it was fine.

For some reason, we cannot get the update/make more space procedure to recognize the card.

The device only has one micro usb port to which we need to use a dongle that doesn't have a port for the sd card. It would be a significant inconvenience to attach another usb via the dongle, mainly because of how we use the current ones available.

The update wants to download every time we get online and check for updates, and we can't get the other updates unless we let that one run it's course. Plus we have a metered connection, and it constantly uses up major portions of our data allowance.

Is there any way to stop that particular update from continuously trying to download? And, do we actually need it? I think the current build is 1709.

Thank you so much in advance for any help/info/advice etc.! It is greatly appreciated.

:)

Sandjm, Feb 16, 2019

2. Using external storage for the October update

My version 1803 takes up only 24.2 GB at the moment.

Matthew Wai, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    2. Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Not enough storage on small tablet pc for version 1803 update - Similar Threads - enough storage small

2. My Small Windows Tablet Has No Space to Update to Latest Version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Small Windows Tablet Has No Space to Update to Latest Version of Windows 10: Hello Microsoft, I have a small Windows tablet that I use infrequently. When last opened, a message popped up about a Windows update to 1902, whereas the tablet has 1802 -- or something like that. The operating system, however, would not allow the update because there is no...
  3. Not enough storage space despite enough storage space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough storage space despite enough storage space?: Hello, I have upgraded from on my PC from HDD to M2 ssd so cloned and cloned everything to the m2. Even Windows. For this I have connected an external ssd on which I want to load more games now the ext. SSD has 650gb free memory but it shows is origin, uplay or steam in...
  4. Version 1803 delay updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1803 delay updates: My too small C drive will not allow updates & fouls up the start up every time it tries . Can I avoid the updates? Can I move a bunch of windows files to my D drive to make room I have moved everything I could short of Windows files 161349
  5. Fail update to version 1803

Fail update to version 1803: About 3 weeks ago my computer just started randomly freezing whereas the mouse still moved so I tried updating but it keeps freezing during the update or it just plainly fails. I was getting error 0x80073712. I have tried using the Windows Update Assistant, using the...
  6. Not enough space to update from 1803 to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not enough space to update from 1803 to 1809: I have Windows 10 1803, 128 GB SSD, 1TB HD I have 3.5GB free space on SSD (C:) I have done 17% of a Windows Update to 1809. The message is that I need 4.5 GB free space on C. I used Disk Cleanup, and inserted a USB stick. I was informed that there is 90GB space on the...
  7. Updating Windows 10 version 1709 to 1803 on my 32Gb tablet

Updating Windows 10 version 1709 to 1803 on my 32Gb tablet: When I try to do this update Windows tells me it wants 2,53Gb free space on my C drive but after deleting everything I can I only have 1.68Gb free. Any suggestions please. I can attach an external drive with 100 Gb free but it insists on having the space on the C drive....
  8. version 1803 update

version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  9. Version 1803 Update

Version 1803 Update: I downloaded this version with no problem and had no problem. After the download I noticed a significant change in my speed. I am with Verizon FIOS 50GB speed. 109147
  10. Version 1803 Update

Version 1803 Update: Sorry about the confusion. This morning my speed is 57MBPS down--51 UP is that Mega BYTE or mega bit, there's quite a difference ? MBps (MB/s) or Mbps (Mb/s). 57 MByte = 456 Mbit