Windows 10: Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Discus and support Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step. Instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cixoos, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Cixoos Win User

Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step.

Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power button and hard reset.

Any ideas?

:)

Cixoos, Oct 3, 2018
  2. SaiZo Win User

White LED fans. HELP!

Howabout going this way (the hard way?): Get the fan that you want, get a LED list, with flat LED lights on it, drill small holes on the fan 'casing', glue the LED list on to the fan's outer 'casing' - make sure the LED's have their own source of power, power them up - voilà (LED's go on top of the holes - shines thru).

You now have the correct fans, with the lights (LED) that you wanted. I do not know about prices and such, I think it varies from country to country. But at our electrical shop, they can get their hands on most LED lists, ranging from being 12v powered or from the mains.

SaiZo, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Mrblack761 Win User
    PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Oct 3, 2018
  4. NickAlban Win User

Sleep mode

Whenever my computer enters sleep mode it turns off. The fans do not stop spinning, and the lights on my mouse do not shut off. It has been doing this for over a year and I have bo idea what is going on.

NickAlban, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on. - Similar Threads - entering sleep properly

2. BSOD when entering sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when entering sleep: Starting getting this BSOD since updating to the anniversary update. New computer built 3 weeks ago was fine until then. Only happens when entering sleep. Any help would be much appreciated! Attachment 94970 59380
  3. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up: Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically...
  4. Geforce 760 fan spinning uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Geforce 760 fan spinning uncontrollably: Hello again, since a couple of days, I have a problem with the fans of my gfx card, a Nvidia Geforce 760. The fan would constantly start spinning at max speed for maybe 5 seconds, before cooling off again for another 5 seconds. It is a constant up and down and by now it...
  5. Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF: Hi all, I have two 4TB Seagate Backup Plus drives, I sat the drives to go to sleep after 3 min in Seagate Dashboard program, the drives do go to sleep but the LED lights won't turn off, they are always on? But if the same drives are connected to my iMac, they goes to...
  6. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...
  7. Fans and keyboard lights stay on when hibernating or sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fans and keyboard lights stay on when hibernating or sleeping: Hi all, Installed Windows 10 a while ago, and have just now gotten around posting somewhere about this issue. Basically, my laptop will not fully enter sleep or hibernate modes, and the fans and keyboard lights will stay on. This seems to only happen when I have my...
  8. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.: Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on...
  9. PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608: Hi there, I've searched and searched but all to no avail. I built a PC a couple of months back and the last few weeks I've had this really annoying problem occurring randomly, but more often. I use the PC, go to shut it down (start > shutdown), but can also be a restart,...
  10. Computer does not enter sleep mode properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not enter sleep mode properly: Hi guys, I have clean installed windows 10 on my Zenbook (UX31LA) and i have problem with the sleep mode, when i enter sleep mode (either way) my screen turns off and the power led blinks (normal so far), but when i wake the computer up, I see the "Asus" logo and it loads...