Windows 10: NOT everyone in Ireland SPEAKS AND READS GAELIC

Discus and support NOT everyone in Ireland SPEAKS AND READS GAELIC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Appstore tabs are in gaelic for Irish region, but in case microsoft doesn't know only a small part of irish people can actually speak and write gaelic,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CesarVic, Nov 25, 2020.

1. NOT everyone in Ireland SPEAKS AND READS GAELIC

Appstore tabs are in gaelic for Irish region, but in case microsoft doesn't know only a small part of irish people can actually speak and write gaelic, while the majority use solely English. Is there any way to take away the gaelic stuff and have English ONLY?

The figures from Ireland's Census 2016 show 73,803 people, of the total population of 4.75 million, speak Irish daily. This equates to 1.7 percent of the population.

submitted by /u/CesarVic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CesarVic, Nov 25, 2020

2. Cortana is not available in Ireland

This is not helpful at all. If you have no date, then it will not be available any time soon. Cortana was released with windows 8.1 a couple of years ago now. Cortana is available on other platforms - iOs !! and for some reason it is not available on windows
    10 in Ireland. I am not looking for Cortana to understand Gaelic, just common English. She understands American English, Australian English, UK English and even Indian English. How hard can it be ?

Is it the age old problem, 'profit before people' ??

David

DavidNulty, Nov 25, 2020
  3. How can I change my setting to english(Ireland)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click Time and language

3. Click "region and language" and choose the appropriate region from the drop down list.

4. Under "language", click "add language" and select "English".

5. Under English, choose "English(Ireland)".

6. Once its downloaded, click English(Ireland) and click "set it as default".

7. Restart the computer and check.

Also, try these steps:

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Click "language". If you don't see language, change the category to "small view" from the drop down list.

4. Under "change your language preference", make sure that English(Ireland) is at the top of the list

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 25, 2020
  4. eshiejamz Win User

NOT everyone in Ireland SPEAKS AND READS GAELIC

eshiejamz, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

NOT everyone in Ireland SPEAKS AND READS GAELIC

1. NOT everyone in Ireland SPEAKS AND READS GAELIC - Similar Threads - everyone Ireland SPEAKS

2. Hello everyone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello everyone: I want to ask if its fine if I want to use UEFI boot and my SSD is 512GBI need help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-everyone/fe2946e1-359c-41af-8bf2-a0cfb75c2bd3
  3. speak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speak: In settings it shows old e mail address, so i cannot verify anything I think I have opened a new account just want to speak to a humanwe are not all savvy so basic instruction is required...
  4. speak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speak: In settings it shows old e mail address, so i cannot verify anything I think I have opened a new account just want to speak to a humanwe are not all savvy so basic instruction is required...
  5. World Update United kingdom and Ireland problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World Update United kingdom and Ireland problem: Here is my problem. I began the process of updating my copy of the simulator to the latest United KIngdom and Ireland update. The very first thing that has happened is that my desktop and start menu icons do absolutely nothing........so, I attempted to get the update...
  6. Cortana will not work for me in Ireland.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not work for me in Ireland.: Cortana will not work for me in Ireland. I changed the language setting to UK English and it still would not work. I changed the region to UK and it seemed to be working but suddenly I got the message that my region is not supported. I would be grateful for any assistance....
  7. hello everyone

in Windows 10 Customization
    hello everyone: I have Qustion for you i am doing update my system for 1903 has anyone else been issue insalling it on take super long time help me out pleaee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-everyone/46cf8d9f-73e3-449d-94be-8067e71e5f90
  8. hello everyone,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hello everyone,: I m using window 10 pro edition.The activation of window is by organization service.Now I m getting the message that "your window liscence will expire soon you need to activate window in setting. I checked my window's liscence expire date its 7 days remaining. Now I m not...
  9. GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write: Hello, I have a pesky software that runs on a folder. ie C:\LIST, I needed to redirect My Documents to it, already done it. Using \\localhost\List on the folder redirection. I am able to create the folder across the domain, and add the correct permissions I need to...
  10. Hello Everyone

in Windows 10 Support
    Hello Everyone: Long time Seven Forums member here, just wanted to say hey to Everyone. I have my dvd of 10 ready to go and hope to install it over the weekend and give it a proper shakedown *Smile 2131