Windows 10: Not exactly the BSOD but Win10's startup is broken.

Discus and support Not exactly the BSOD but Win10's startup is broken. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue is my friend's who has spent many hours building data using non-Microsoft apps. His laptop refuses to start up into Win10. Microsoft agent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LesM, Jan 1, 2019.

1. LesM Win User

Not exactly the BSOD but Win10's startup is broken.

This issue is my friend's who has spent many hours building data using non-Microsoft apps. His laptop refuses to start up into Win10. Microsoft agent says the way forward is to do a custom install on the C: drive. There are three other drives that my friend has created on his 1TB HDD. He wants no risk of losing his data. The Startup auto repair cannot repair. I can get into CMD but I don't know any command lines that would help. I know basic dos.
    Surely there's a work around since all...

LesM, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 1, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Not exactly the BSOD but Win10's startup is broken.

Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on startup?

The problem is the laptop (specs in signature) not rig in system specs.

Sometimes when I switch it on, Vista loads normally.
    Other times, just after the horizontal 'loading' bars and before the Vista orb appears, I get a BSOD of Nvlddmkm.sys or Nvlddmkm.dll then the laptop reboots, BSOD's, reboots... it can happen like 5 times!

I've been googling all morning but apparently there's no solution to this?

It does the BSOD only during startup. Once Vista loads, it never BSODs not even during a game.

Black Panther, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Not exactly the BSOD but Win10's startup is broken. - Similar Threads - exactly BSOD Win10's

2. tzutil /s is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tzutil /s is broken: I cant change my time zone normaly, because it says that an administrator needs to do it. i am the admin and tzutil /s doesnt work. it just says: TZUTIL: Invalid number of arguments for /s. Use TZUTIL /? for a list of valid options. I am running the normal tzutil /s...
  3. What exactly is inside Win10 "Cumulative Packages"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What exactly is inside Win10 "Cumulative Packages"?: When I go to Microsofts Update Catalog then there is a comprehensive list of "Cumulative Packages" for every Win10 version: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...ate+Windows+10 But what exactly is inside such a "Cumulative package"? - Are Security Updates included? - Are...
  4. What exactly is inside Win10 "Cumulative Packages"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly is inside Win10 "Cumulative Packages"?: When I go to Microsofts Update Catalog then there is a comprehensive list of "Cumulative Packages" for every Win10 version: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...ate+Windows+10 But what exactly is inside such a "Cumulative package"? - Are Security Updates included? - Are...
  5. “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?: Every time I type “s” on the keyboard it opens a new window. I an unable to actually use the computer at this time. Is this a keyboard issue or did the kids hit a button that created this shortcut?...
  6. Slow Win10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Win10 Startup: I have a new Win 10 Dell PC and its slow on startup. For Example, when I open chrome or any other software it takes time to open and work properly but after a while, everything is fast again. I tried some online suggestions but it didn't help much. what is the real cause...
  7. Win10 login broken again? !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 login broken again? !!!: Good morning, and yes it has been discussed and many sites claim to have solution tools. However I'd like an official microsoft solution since its their Win10 OEM distribution which produces errors and I need some closure. Every now and then attempting a login fails due...
  8. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD shortly after startup of win10: When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit). The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network...
  9. Win10 broken spell checking..

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 broken spell checking..: I know this has been asked before but I can't find any solutions to the problem that Win10 spell check feature seems to be broken in pretty much everything I'm using in Windows (notepad/ mail etc). I've turned on all the spell check options (settings -->Devices--> Typing)...
  10. win10 o/s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 o/s: I made a mistake and bought win10 home oem. Can I install then upgrade to home retail. I really do not want to go to the hassle of returning for the retail disk. 66786