Windows 10: Not finding photos on desktop

Discus and support Not finding photos on desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to be able click on photos on the New York Times, save them to my desktop, edit in Picassa 3 and then use them as puzzles in Microsoft Jigsaw.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DouglasFoley, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Not finding photos on desktop

I used to be able click on photos on the New York Times, save them to my desktop, edit in Picassa 3 and then use them as puzzles in Microsoft Jigsaw. Now when I try to "create a puzzle from photos" the program goes to my desktop images does not find or display the NYT photos although they are there and still in Picassa.

:)

DouglasFoley, Mar 7, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Not finding photos on desktop :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 7, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Not finding photos on desktop

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Not finding photos on desktop

1. Not finding photos on desktop - Similar Threads - finding photos desktop

2. how can I find a desktop photo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how can I find a desktop photo: how can I find a desktop photo dated 9/10-10/10/21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-a-desktop-photo/454e9fae-2f9e-46e5-a5a4-0ffd1d4fb7fb
  3. how can I find a desktop photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I find a desktop photo: how can I find a desktop photo dated 9/10-10/10/21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-a-desktop-photo/454e9fae-2f9e-46e5-a5a4-0ffd1d4fb7fb
  4. how can I find a desktop photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Finding photos in Photo Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding photos in Photo Folder: I am attempting to view some old photos on my laptop. When I click on a file folder, I get the message the folder is empty? I am able to view current photos that I have recently downloaded from my android phone, but not older photos that were downloaded in 1917-1919; they...
  6. Photo App not finding photos in files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App not finding photos in files: I recently downloaded several photos and videos which I had in Google Photos. Unfortunately when I attempt to import them the app does not recognise any of the photos. They are all JPEG or DJI. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?...
  7. Desktop and screensaver photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and screensaver photos: I used to get a friendly note every morning telling me where the photo was taken and what it represented. This has now stopped. How can I get the facility back? Also can I get different changing photos every day for BOTH desktop and screensaver or just for the desktop? I am...
  8. can not find desktop

can not find desktop: After the latest update, my Desktop has disappeared and I can not find the taskbar. What has happened. Who do I call at Microsoft for this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-find-desktop/11692110-2efc-4e52-9c8b-2c6eeefb185f
  9. desktop photo display

desktop photo display: I changed the photo for my desktop background. Now photo does not fill entire screen, I want it to cover entire desktop. Help, please. Sue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-photo-display/3c0cb63b-38e9-42e5-95f4-034e5584fe74
  10. Random desktop photos

Random desktop photos: One one PC, my desktop slide show has random backgrounds and photo 'frames' and looks very attractive. On my laptop, I can use the same folder for photos and each photo fits the screen but without the random backgrounds. I can't find a setting that is different. Both machines...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Notfinding picture on desktop