Windows 10: Not finding public wifi on windows 10

Discus and support Not finding public wifi on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC for some reason isn't finding optimumwifi when it is in range but my phone does.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VahidB1, Mar 3, 2020.

1. VahidB1 Win User

Not finding public wifi on windows 10

My PC for some reason isn't finding optimumwifi when it is in range but my phone does.

:)

VahidB1, Mar 3, 2020

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Public wifi connection with Windows 10

Hello,

This issue might have occurred due to network adapter driver issues and network services. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on
      Settings
      from the left pane.

• Click on Network & Internet.

• Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.

• Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.

• In the left pane, click on View all.

• Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing the public Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Not finding public wifi on windows 10

Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Hi Craig,

Let me verify some information to help us sort out this issue regarding connecting to a public. Allow me to ask the following:

• Were you able to connect to your company's public wifi before?
    • Can your tablet connect to a different public wifi?
    • Is Airplane mode disabled on your tablet?

Before looking into the other settings, please make sure that the Airplane mode is turned off on your tablet, then try to reconnect. If you're able to connect to your company's wifi before, then I suggest that you forget the network from your tablet first
    before you reconnect to it. Just navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks > select the company's wifi, then hit
    Forget. Once done, reconnect to the network and see if it works. If not, reboot or restart your tablet and try again.

Please update this thread with the result so we can further check on it if the issue persists.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Not finding public wifi on windows 10

1. Not finding public wifi on windows 10 - Similar Threads - finding public wifi

2. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Public WiFi connections

Windows 10 Public WiFi connections: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 with all the latest Dell and Microsoft updates installed. I can attach to a public wifi but can't get internet access. I can access any private network without any issues. Tried using Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge without success and disabling all...
  6. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  7. Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi: Why has no effort been made to rectify the problem with windows 10 connecting to public WiFi, I purchased a tablet just so i could use whilst away at work and the only connection i have available is the company public WiFi which my tablet will not connect to. I have tried so...
  8. public wifi msftconnnecttest

public wifi msftconnnecttest: Hello I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve this issue....
  9. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi: Hi I have been having problems with public wifi on my laptop since last Nov. Running windows 10. Every time I try to connect to internet with a restricted site (ie requiring a login/password) browser opens to msftconnecttest://redirect and never goes any further - get...
  10. Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10: Hi guys, I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved. I also searched on this forum, but still nothing useful found. If I missed the right topic, I'm sorry, I'll provide to erase this asap. My problem is that I'm not able to access...