Windows 10: Not finding Wi-Fi Connections

Discus and support Not finding Wi-Fi Connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop is not finding Wi-Fi certain Wi-Fi connections my home network today but has found them previously. My laptop, located next to the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaDanek, May 18, 2020.

1. Not finding Wi-Fi Connections

My desktop is not finding Wi-Fi certain Wi-Fi connections my home network today but has found them previously. My laptop, located next to the desktop, is finding them. Changes: 1 Desktop recently went through Windows update; 2 I disabled McAfee and turned on Windows Defender today. Both are now turned off and McAfee has been uninstalled. Any thoughts?

:)

LindaDanek, May 18, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 18, 2020
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, May 18, 2020
  4. Not finding Wi-Fi Connections

wi fi cant find any connection

Hi,

Are you still having issues connecting to your Wi-Fi? If you are, can you please tell us:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have other computers/mobile devices connecting to the same Wi-Fi network? Are they able to connect?

Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Ronald San, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Not finding Wi-Fi Connections

1. Not finding Wi-Fi Connections - Similar Threads - finding Connections

2. How do find network connectivity in windows 365 cloud pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do find network connectivity in windows 365 cloud pc: How do find network connectivity in windows 365 cloud pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-find-network-connectivity-in-windows-365/87c1c0b7-b8e9-4ce0-bd99-aaa7835e765c
  3. How do find network connectivity in windows 365 cloud pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do find network connectivity in windows 365 cloud pc: How do find network connectivity in windows 365 cloud pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-find-network-connectivity-in-windows-365/87c1c0b7-b8e9-4ce0-bd99-aaa7835e765c
  4. Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on: I cannot find a button to turn off/on my bluetooth and every guide I see is essentially telling me to do just that. It's not in my notifications and it's not in Bluetooth & other devicesI am trying to connect Xbox controllers to my pc...
  5. Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on

Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on: I cannot find a button to turn off/on my bluetooth and every guide I see is essentially telling me to do just that. It's not in my notifications and it's not in Bluetooth & other devicesI am trying to connect Xbox controllers to my pc...
  6. Cannot connect bluetooth and I can't find option to turn it on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth work properly and can find new device but can't pair and connect to new ones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth work properly and can find new device but can't pair and connect to new ones.: My notebook is an intel core i7 with windows 11 OS build 22631.3007 with latest update KB5034123. Bluetooth can find a new devices but after trying for a minute or so to pair, give the message of "couldn't connect, try connecting again". Couple of other devices that were...
  8. Bluetooth work properly and can find new device but can't pair and connect to new ones.

Bluetooth work properly and can find new device but can't pair and connect to new ones.: My notebook is an intel core i7 with windows 11 OS build 22631.3007 with latest update KB5034123. Bluetooth can find a new devices but after trying for a minute or so to pair, give the message of "couldn't connect, try connecting again". Couple of other devices that were...
  9. Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC: I recently just bought a Windows 11 "Player One" prebuilt PC from NZXT. Upon using it for the first time, none of the bluetooth devices that I attempt to connect to with my PC are being found. I've tried multiple different devices, all of which work correctly when connecting...
  10. Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC

Windows 11 cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices on brand new prebuilt PC: I recently just bought a Windows 11 "Player One" prebuilt PC from NZXT. Upon using it for the first time, none of the bluetooth devices that I attempt to connect to with my PC are being found. I've tried multiple different devices, all of which work correctly when connecting...