Windows 10: Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates?

Discus and support Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Normally after booting up my PC, Windows 10 gives me an alert in the lower right corner saying that there are new updates available. But now it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnnyGui, Dec 24, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates?

Normally after booting up my PC, Windows 10 gives me an alert in the lower right corner saying that there are new updates available. But now it's not showing any alerts anymore about any updates for like a month although there are updates available when going to Windows Update itself.

I have set the Group Policy to alert me before downloading and installing updates. I have tested this on 1803 as well as on 1809.

Anyone else having this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Dec 24, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 24, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates? - Similar Threads - getting alerts anymore

2. Get rid of Price Alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of Price Alert: Hello,I don't know how to get rid of this annoying alert. I'm not interested in anything related to finance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-price-alert/a4c18a99-a75c-40da-991f-056950aed637
  3. Get rid of Price Alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Price Alert: Hello,I don't know how to get rid of this annoying alert. I'm not interested in anything related to finance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-price-alert/a4c18a99-a75c-40da-991f-056950aed637
  4. Alert For Update But There's Nothing To Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alert For Update But There's Nothing To Update: So, the picture says it. I'm getting an alert that my version of Windows 10 will reach end of service and I need to download a newer version. I checked on what to do and saw that all I need to do is check for an update. However, I've been checking for updates and none are...
  5. cant get updates anymore

cant get updates anymore: hi last time i got to problem where i cant downlaod updates i tried many ways still no help no windows updates troubleshooter nothign help it is also disabled from services and i cant enable it access denied [ATTACH]...
  6. Not getting into Windows anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting into Windows anymore?: Hi, once I enter my PIN in the Windows login screen, it loads for a while and then throws me back to login without landing in Windows. I would like to solve this somehow without having to reinstall Windows with my stick. Troubleshooting via cmd i.e. sfc /scannow I have...
  7. Windows Alert on my computer came on and I can’t get rid of the alert it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Alert on my computer came on and I can’t get rid of the alert it: Anyone else experience this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-alert-on-my-computer-came-on-and-i-cant/e66ab73b-f894-4b65-a01e-8d5e297eba28
  8. Receive email alerts for Windows updates

Receive email alerts for Windows updates: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates ***Modified title from: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates***...
  9. Windows Update Alert

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Alert: Finally after a ridiculous amount of restarts, check for update on WU then restart, mission complete. KB4093112 shows both on Control Panel and on Settings. OS build is now 16299.371. Thanks again @ for the help and the link. Thanks @usikpa #78 that somehow got the ball...
  10. I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore: There was an update, KB4093105, that changed the version number to 16299.402. In retrospect, I didn't get that either and installed manually. *Huh