Windows 10: Not Getting Code for Password Reset

Discus and support Not Getting Code for Password Reset in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I got a notification message on my Hotmail client that I needed to fix my account. I tried to log in to my microsoft account, and the password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wally96333, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Not Getting Code for Password Reset

Hi,

I got a notification message on my Hotmail client that I needed to fix my account.

I tried to log in to my microsoft account, and the password was rejected.

I know that I typed it in correctly.

So, I then tried to perform a password reset. I requested a reset code using the email address that I have associated with the account.

It's been a few hours now, and I've yet to get a code.

It's because of shyyt like this that I've been switching everything over to gmail.

Does anyone know what I need to do about getting back into my account?

Thanks.

:)

wally96333, Feb 26, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Not Getting Code for Password Reset

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Not Getting Code for Password Reset

1. Not Getting Code for Password Reset - Similar Threads - Getting Code Password

2. How to reset my password / not getting verification code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset my password / not getting verification code: So I added a replacement security info on this account that I'm own I own it but I can't reset my password which the account is linked onto my desktop so I cannot literally do anything with. I can't login my desktop or reset my password whenever I try to reset it leads me to...
  3. How to reset my password / not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset my password / not getting verification code: So I added a replacement security info on this account that I'm own I own it but I can't reset my password which the account is linked onto my desktop so I cannot literally do anything with. I can't login my desktop or reset my password whenever I try to reset it leads me to...
  4. How to reset my password / not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot get the verification code to reset my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get the verification code to reset my password: So I have been trying to reset my password for the past 2 days, It's asking to verifiy my identity by putting in a code from my gmail, The problem is I'm not getting that gmail I've tried to reset now atleast 30 times and everytime same thing it asks for the code and I'm not...
  6. I cannot get the verification code to reset my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get the verification code to reset my password: So I have been trying to reset my password for the past 2 days, It's asking to verifiy my identity by putting in a code from my gmail, The problem is I'm not getting that gmail I've tried to reset now atleast 30 times and everytime same thing it asks for the code and I'm not...
  7. Password reset code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset code: I received an email from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> they sent me a password reset code. Why was this sent to me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-code/a02bf7c8-4d1f-4388-a4e3-962b57f802de
  8. Password Reset Code Requests

Password Reset Code Requests: I'm getting daily password reset code requests, one a day. Is it possible that someone is sending out requests to multiple addresses and typing in random numbers hoping for a match? Even if the chance is one in 10 million, if they are sending out 10 million requests a day,...
  9. unrequested code to reset password message

unrequested code to reset password message: I keep getting an e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password. I have never requested one. The address I am receiving it from is legit: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I checked my login activity from the last couple of months and the weirdest...
  10. Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password

Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password: Hi, Is there anyone who can assist? I have a client who has no clue what her microsoft windows 10 sign in password is... According to her, she has never had to sign in previously... I try sign and say forgot password to get a verification code so that I can change the...