Windows 10: Not getting full bandwidth?

Discus and support Not getting full bandwidth? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 100mbps service and it doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere near that most days. The family is out leaving only 3 devices in the house... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gettheclicker, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Not getting full bandwidth?

I have 100mbps service and it doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere near that most days.

The family is out leaving only 3 devices in the house instead of the usual 12. I've heard rumors that Windows 10 takes a percentage of any given bandwidth to feed itself and others updates. Is this true?

I use Wireless N and using a cord is out of the question. Not looking to drill holes in my rented house nor run an unsightly wire. I am directly above the modem/router getting the best possible signal.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 14, 2017

2. not getting the full image on printout

Why aren't you asking Canon?

Self-Help Center Home

7ff2a89d-4617-4f57-9a1a-ca8dc82d7e88, Dec 14, 2017
  3. not getting the full image on printout

Hi,

The challenge you're experiencing with printing images might be due to an app misconfiguration. That being said, we'll need more information in order to isolate the possible causes of the issue. Please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing the issue on all images?
    • Are you using a specific app to print the image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Devlin Sco, Dec 14, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Not getting full bandwidth?

Have you considered upgrading to an AC router to use 5Ghz wifi? *Wink

dmholt57, Dec 14, 2017
  5. I have the router but I believe my adapter may not be up to par.

6. dmholt57 Win User
    They are getting cheaper, dual band at Staples $30 and worth every penny... *Smile

dmholt57, Dec 14, 2017
  7. Now remember if you connect a laptop with a wire connection you should get near 100 MB. Anytime I had a speed upgrade the installer made me test before he left. The further away from the router the weaker the signal and speed.

orlbuckeye, Dec 14, 2017
  8. Not getting full bandwidth?

I ordered a dual band last night. Now I just sit back and wait.

I'm at most 10 or 12 feet from the modem and router on the 2nd floor with the antennas pointing directly at my pc.

9. dmholt57 Win User
    Some things to consider... Don't put the modem in an enclosed shelf, don't put it next to a wireless phone base, don't put it against a wall, window, microwave or smart tv... *Nerd

dmholt57, Dec 14, 2017
  10. Ahhh see right there's another 3 strikes against me. It's inside a tv stand, under a smart tv, against a wall. No matter where I've put a modem or router over the years I've never ever gotten the speed I paid for. Half at best.

11. You will never get the speed your ISP says you will get if you go through a router. I get 220MBPS down with my router connected, if I bypass it that speed increases . When I was at 100 Mbps down with the router my top speed was 89 Mbps.

Josey Wales, Dec 14, 2017
  12. dmholt57 Win User
    Best to put it up high on top of a shelf or cabinet, far from the wall as possible, radio waves are subject to interference from metal in walls, neighbor signals coming in windows, anything else wireless and microwaves. *Wink I have a Netgear R6300 and connect using A6210ac adapter at 866.5 mb/s and I am 60ft from the router. *Cool

dmholt57, Dec 14, 2017
  13. Not getting full bandwidth?

You can use WifiInfoView to check, if there is any other network using the same frequency and also the signal strength.

TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  14. I have a Netgear R6120 and a Motorola Surfboard but I'm using a PCI Ralink amazon special because I was in a pinch when I upgraded to windows 10 and my Cisco Valet usb adapter kept causing some kind of USB reboot.

An odd error I never found the solution to. Only when that usb wifi valet was plugged in my computer would crash anything USB related. After a few minutes some devices would kick back in such as wifi but not my keyboard nor mouse.

gettheclicker, Dec 15, 2017
  15. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Dec 15, 2017
Thema:

Not getting full bandwidth?

1. Not getting full bandwidth? - Similar Threads - getting full bandwidth

2. My computer doesn't use its full bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't use its full bandwidth: i have a 250/250 internet connection, the speed test on my computer goes at 100/0 and from task manager I can see it only uses 0.1% of the actual download. Anybody knows how to fix this? submitted by /u/faccoz [link] [comments]...
  3. bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bandwidth: bandwidth speed test not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/df4d733a-45d0-4027-806a-f43ea5f4c9a6
  4. bandwidth meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bandwidth meaning: when i go to a website i see Bandwidth Limit Exceeded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth-meaning/2d5b3bb5-813c-4be6-b84b-4ff7aeefde61
  5. Bandwidth not dectable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bandwidth not dectable: My Acer Windows was corrupted so I reinstalled Windows 10 and now I get the message Bandwidth not detectable because of missing API. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth-not-dectable/d18556f3-af7a-41b0-8c1f-2096f8c20de0
  6. bandwidth

bandwidth: why my bandwidth is not showing up 5ghz even though driver do support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/c4927a5e-257f-439f-a9a4-ba54703b9e7f
  7. Bandwidth Management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bandwidth Management: Hi, Kindly assist on how to manage internet bandwidth using group policy in server 2016, i.e how to block sites like youtube, and other bandwidth hogging sites. Thanks...
  8. Bandwidth

Bandwidth: Why does my windows 10 beats laptop have limited internet even connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bandwidth/760c751b-ca20-47ce-ac40-0e95c9227bde
  9. Not Able to Use Full Bandwidth from ISP in Windows 10 Home

Not Able to Use Full Bandwidth from ISP in Windows 10 Home: Hello, I am hoping someone might be able to provide some suggestions to resolve an issue I am having with my laptop with Windows 10. I am paying for 200 mb internet service through Charter/Spectrum and I am able to use this bandwidth on every other device in my home with the...
  10. I only get a fraction of the bandwidth that other users get.

I only get a fraction of the bandwidth that other users get.: This is quite a strange issue for me and I'm trying to pinpoint the problem. Lately, I've been experiencing bad download speeds and lag-spikes. So I ran a test on Speedof.me and sure enough, I'm only getting 10 - 20Mbps results. Sometimes the upload speed even exceeds the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not getting full bandwidth

2. microsoft store downloads not using the full bandwidth

3. full band width on Windows Phones