Windows 10: Not getting full res on desktop replacement setup

Discus and support Not getting full res on desktop replacement setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Windows 10 laptops as desktop replacements. My NEC monitor has a native resolution of 2560 x 1440. The highest res I can display is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GisG, Dec 14, 2018.

1. GisG Win User

Not getting full res on desktop replacement setup

I'm trying to use Windows 10 laptops as desktop replacements. My NEC monitor has a native resolution of 2560 x 1440. The highest res I can display is 1920 x 1080. I've tried both a 1920 x 1080 laptop (Lenovo 330) and an HP Envy with a 4K display. One complication, the NEC doesn't have HDMI. I use its DisplayPort. The DisplayPort cable runs to an HDMI converter which has a wire connecting to a laptop's HDMI port. Any ideas on how I can get the monitor's full resolution?

Thank you

:)

2. Anne Ros Win User

Desktop Icons Keep Getting Re-arranged

Hi,

This might be caused by changes made on your device after the update. If icons are getting re-arranged every time you boot, then try the steps below:

• Right-click on any blank space on your desktop.
    • Hover over View.
    • Select the icon size. Set it to Small first, refresh desktop then set it to
      Medium.
    • Check Align icons to grid.

Not getting full res on desktop replacement setup 72d8bf6b-42f7-4a65-961f-96470c2e10e3?upload=true.png

Once done, refresh desktop and see if the icons will get re-arranged.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Anne Ros, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Not getting full res on desktop replacement setup - Similar Threads - getting full res

2. Streched res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  3. Streched res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  4. Streched res

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse cursor too big because based on signal res and not desktop res

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor too big because based on signal res and not desktop res: How to ? Change the fact that cursor size is based on signal resolution OR change signal resolution Hello, I have 2 monitors, 1 is natively a 4k res monitor the other is not, it's a hd monitor. Since I plugged in the 4k one, when I go in the desktop resolution option of...
  6. Viber desktop setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Viber desktop setup: When i am trying to activate the program, the QR code never appeared and I am receiving the message that i don't have internet connection which is wrong, in task view bar showing that I have internet access...
  7. Replacing a desktop with a mini

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing a desktop with a mini: Hi all, Long time lurker and used to contribute in the eight forums 10 moons ago - good to see this is going strong! I've always had a fairly powerful laptop (Currently a Dell XPS 9300) and a desktop (currently a Dell Precision 3620 however recently I know the mini desktops...
  8. perfmon /res hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    perfmon /res hangs: When i open perfmon /res at hard drive monitoring tab and copy lots of files it hangs. Also after i joined ntp pool at https://www.ntppool.org/en/join.html perfmon /res hangs when i open network tab....
  9. Activation after full hardware replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after full hardware replacement: I've been on this for a while. I have both the old and the new computers plugged in at the moment but realize that at some point I can't do that. I'm doing it because I needed to figure out my activation status. I confirmed that Win10 Pro is activated and linked to my...
  10. Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different: [img] My Monitor when I press the button says 1920x1080. I want to fully use 1440x1080 also noticing this slight flicker when playing games etc. Never did this when using windows 7.. Just recently upgraded, any help would be appreciated 129771