Windows 10: Not getting past log in page

Discus and support Not getting past log in page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My wife has a reconditioned Fujitsu server with Windows 10 instaled, it has been working okay until we switched it on this morning. It runs okay up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by warmbells, Dec 14, 2019.

1. warmbells Win User

Not getting past log in page

Hi,
    My wife has a reconditioned Fujitsu server with Windows 10 instaled, it has been working okay until we switched it on this morning. It runs okay up to the login screen, when she logs in it goes to a black screen with a white arrow and stays like that. If I do a ctr, alt, del I get the options to log out, change user and also go to task manager. If I try change user and try the same user as there is only one account the same thing happens, if I try to go to task manager nothing happens.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
    Thanks,
    Gerald

:)

warmbells, Dec 14, 2019

2. Change photo on log-in page

Hi Audrey's,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• When you say, "generic circle above my log-in name" what exactly are you referring to?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Account.
    • Under Accounts, select the option "Your account".
    • Under Your picture, click on
      Browse
      option and you may select the picture of your choice so that it is display on your account sign-in page.
    If the above steps doesn't work, I want you to send us a screenshot of the issue so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 14, 2019
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Not getting past log in page

can not log in on home page

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to log-in to your desktop, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might be due to corrupted user account.

I suggest you to enter in to safe mode, enable built-in administrator account and troubleshoot the existing user account. Please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.
    • Here select Change pc settings and then General.
    • Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built-in administrator account and try to troubleshoot the corrupted user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the link below to run user account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account troubleshooter

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Not getting past log in page

1. Not getting past log in page - Similar Threads - getting past log

2. Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page: The msg I receive "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." Don't remember the pin. I can log in to my outlook email...
  3. Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page: The msg I receive "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." Don't remember the pin. I can log in to my outlook email...
  4. I can't get past the log in screen with the pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get past the log in screen with the pin: I cant get past the log in screen with pin wont reset nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-past-the-log-in-screen-with-the-pin/c55f77c3-9f8b-4c09-af6c-95f8eedfb42c
  5. I can't get past the log in screen with the pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get past the log in screen with the pin: I cant get past the log in screen with pin wont reset nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-past-the-log-in-screen-with-the-pin/c55f77c3-9f8b-4c09-af6c-95f8eedfb42c
  6. Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop: We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and off, we've left it for nearly half a day and we've turned the device off overnight, nothing works. There's no option to skip...
  7. Cannot get past first page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past first page: When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down. I have tried to guess the password,...
  8. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in: Hi My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots keep spinning). This had happened yesterday and resolved itself with a restart. Today I have spent numerous hours...
  9. I can't get past windows 10 sign in page

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't get past windows 10 sign in page: When I turn on my computer it loads up and starts Windows, the sign in page comes up with the date, clock, and icon resembling a monitor. Normal. Unfortunately when I click on the monitor icon (or anywhere for that matter), my personal icon, my name, and the field for the...
  10. Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping: Following the last updates I can no longer get my computer to wake up without shutting it off and restarting it. Why? Thank you so much you folks are so helpful to a Nana that knows so little about computers. 20159