Windows 10: not getting print menu ; immediately starts printing

Discus and support not getting print menu ; immediately starts printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; right click --> print on PDF, TXT, XLS file immediately starts printing instead of getting the menu to select printer, number of copies. unistalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rynck, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Rynck Win User

not getting print menu ; immediately starts printing

right click --> print on PDF, TXT, XLS file immediately starts printing instead of getting the menu to select printer, number of copies.

unistalled printer and now windows opens Onenote on right click print.

Have this now on all my computers since latest update.

:)

Rynck, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Breit Win User

USB printing support

does anyone know if there is a way to kick that 'USB printing support' out of my device manager?
    i have a usb hub and if that hub is connected i have an unknown device called 'unknownprinter' which is connected to the usb printing support. i don't need that usb printing support an i don't want any unknown devices in my device manager so i have do get rid of that 'usb printing support'.
    any suggestions?

--breit

Breit, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 10, 2019
  4. not getting print menu ; immediately starts printing

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

not getting print menu ; immediately starts printing

1. not getting print menu ; immediately starts printing - Similar Threads - getting print menu

2. How to get print start and end time ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get print start and end time ?: For printing a file as non-admin user, how to get:notified when print sucessful notified if print failstart and end time of printThanks Ahead! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-print-start-and-end-time/7cea3748-fc3c-4d37-8a76-90cd269e2b0e
  3. How to get print start and end time ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get print start and end time ?: For printing a file as non-admin user, how to get:notified when print sucessful notified if print failstart and end time of printThanks Ahead! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-print-start-and-end-time/7cea3748-fc3c-4d37-8a76-90cd269e2b0e
  4. How to get print start and end time ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get a print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get a print: I was just revising a six month old document and tried to get a print out and it won't print. When it didn't print after a few tries, I noticed it says 'compatibility mode'?? I don't know if that is stopping it from printing or not??...
  6. Won't print -- I get "Save Print Output As" instead

Won't print -- I get "Save Print Output As" instead: When I tried to print a .pdf attachment I got in an email, after I clicked the 'PRINT' button, I got a "Save Print Output As" window. I thought at first the PDF reader was at fault, but it also happens with other programs. I don't see anything in the print dialogs that...
  7. when printing only section gets printed

when printing only section gets printed: I am trying to print 11 x 17 larger architectural drawings and only a small corner comes out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-only-section-gets-printed/a0971621-eb7f-49e7-9a8b-18645afe3ceb
  8. Print command in contect menu

Print command in contect menu: For some reason I have lost the ability to print when I right click the context menu. The print command is listed but nothing happens when I select it. This happens in a number of programs (I have not yet found one that works). It used to work and I use it frequently to print...
  9. Epson XP 760 Printing Menu

Epson XP 760 Printing Menu: Prior to installing a new hard drive the printing menu for the Epson gave various printing options such as CD printing, printing from the rear tray etc. Since the new hard drive was installed, a very basic menu is now displayed with none of the above options available....
  10. Cannot start print job

Cannot start print job: I can't get the calendar to print out. It has a message saying "Cannot start print job". I finally did get it to print but it only printed a few squares, not the entire calendar. I'm about ready to pull out my hair in frustration.....