Windows 10: Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices

Discus and support Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and while I do get the Remove Hardware Alert when I eject normal USB drives that are not configuring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerUzun, Dec 2, 2020.

1. RogerUzun Win User

Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices

I just got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and while I do get the Remove Hardware Alert when I eject normal USB drives that are not configuring themselves as Attached SCSI devices, I do not get the alert with some higher speed USB drives and some High speed Card readers.

Many higher speed USB devices configure themselves as attached SCSI devices to operate faster, and for these devices I CAN eject them fine, they do eject without any error BUT I never get any sound or alert saying it's safe to remove them. The drive letter they were using goes away and their active lights go dark so eject IS working properly.

For normal, regular USB drives I still get the alert and sound.

Is there some way to tell Windows to play the alert and sound when I eject attached SCSI USB devices as well as "normal" USB drives?

My laptop which also has Windows 10 Pro plays the alert and sound for both types of devices so it is possible.

-Roger Uzun

:)

RogerUzun, Dec 2, 2020

2. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Need help getting back "Safe to Remove Hardware"

This settings the suggested one to try:

Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices [​IMG]

Callender, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices

USB Attached SCSI Mass Storage Device, Code: 19

• Probably. This has been happening for a couple months and I have just been working around it. When it originally occurred I did a a system restore to the earliest restore point I had but the issue persisted.
    • I just ran Dell's tool and updated my BIOS.
    • I have not made any changes to the BIOS.

I am able to make my devices work, if after they are plugged in and I am shown the yellow exclamation mark, I follow these steps. However, once I unplug/plugin again I have to go through these steps again.
    Sometimes device manager doesn't find the device automatically and I have to right click and "scan for hardware changes."

• Right click on the device.
    • "Update driver".
    • "Browse my computer for driver software".
    • "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
    • Then, in the list of available drivers I can choose the appropriate one.
      • For a mouse: "USB Input Device".
      • For a HDD: "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device".
    That works, but if I have to do that every time I plug anything in, it is going to get tiresome.

Additionally:

Any other suggestions?

someonewhohasaproblem, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices

1. Not getting safe to remove Hardware alert from Attached SCSI devices - Similar Threads - getting safe remove

2. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  3. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  4. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Hi the community,I need help. I recently bought a Seagate Iron Wolf USB 3.0 When I plug it to one of my USB 3.0 port of my Asus Rampage IV Extrem, the HDD is recognized and works fine. But when I restart the computer or go to sleep mode and awake the computer, it is not found...
  5. Safely remove Hardware

Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  6. USB attached SCSI UAS mass storage device

USB attached SCSI UAS mass storage device: Window found the driver but do not I installing due to encountered error plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-attached-scsi-uas-mass-storage-device/14abd0a9-522d-47c0-b50c-8c090159e377
  7. Can't Safely Remove Devices - Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

Can't Safely Remove Devices - Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: When I try to eject the USB storage device, a pop-up shows this: "Problem Ejecting USB Attatched SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device The application '\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped. Close the application...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware: I don't see the safely remove hardware icon on my Windows 10 taskbar. After checking the list of available icons in settings, it's missing in action! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/786e43ce-bb75-4ccd-92f6-c2b5e10060c7
  9. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  10. USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device

USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device: hi there, i have an external segate USB 3.0 hard drive. when i am connecting it to my PC (either to a usb 3/regular port) for some reason it is recognized as a "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device" I installed of course all of my drivers including the chipset....