Windows 10: Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc

Discus and support Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, actually my PC has been infected with I don't know some kind virus and whenever I click on a file it just gets deleted. So, then I just decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbdulSamad_097, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc

Hi, actually my PC has been infected with I don't know some kind virus and whenever I click on a file it just gets deleted. So, then I just decided to reset my PC to clean everything in it. Although I have three drives on my PC C, D and F named but when I went to the settings to reset my PC and chose the option "Remove Everything" it didn't ask me to either clean the C Drive only or clean All Drives. I am sorry I can't attach any screenshots because of the virus as it deletes everything I click. I already have reset it once but it just formatted the C drive as it didn't ask me to format all drives.

Your support and help would mean a lot. Thank you!

:)

AbdulSamad_097, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No "Reset This PC" option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Where exactly are you looking for the Reset this PC option?
    • Were you able to successfully clone the drive?
    • Could you please provide more clarity on, “On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position”?
    • Were you able to get the Reset this PC option by following the steps mentioned in the article provided by you?

If you wish to reset the PC, there are multiple ways to do it. You may want to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Reset or reinstall Windows 10

However, please reply with the details requested above to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Abhishek362, Jul 29, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc

I unplugged my PC while resetting it

It's sometimes helpful when you give a list of the PC's components. (CPU, motherboard, etc.) See the "My Computes" button at the lower left of your posts.

Failing that, and assuming that it's a desktop PC, I suggest clearing the CMOS. There is usually a jumper for that, and instructions in the manual. It can aslo be done by removing the CMOS backup battery for a while.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc

1. Not getting the option to clean all the drives while resetting my pc - Similar Threads - getting option clean

2. I am resetting my laptop with Fully clean all drives option. Does that wipe out my SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am resetting my laptop with Fully clean all drives option. Does that wipe out my SSD...: Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-resetting-my-laptop-with-fully-clean-all/2e997441-2ab6-4cbc-8f53-8951c07a5e2b
  3. I am resetting my laptop with Fully clean all drives option. Does that wipe out my SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am resetting my laptop with Fully clean all drives option. Does that wipe out my SSD...: Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-resetting-my-laptop-with-fully-clean-all/2e997441-2ab6-4cbc-8f53-8951c07a5e2b
  4. Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?: Hi, I decided to reset my windows 10 computer with the option "Remove files and clean the drive". When it started, it said "Restarting computer" like normal, but the screen went black. Is this normal for a complete wipe?The computer seems to be running as the fans are...
  5. Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reset with option "clean the drive" black screen?: Hi, I decided to reset my windows 10 computer with the option "Remove files and clean the drive". When it started, it said "Restarting computer" like normal, but the screen went black. Is this normal for a complete wipe?The computer seems to be running as the fans are...
  6. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  7. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  8. get error while resetting PC

9. Hi.I reseted my pc(Delete all content and clean up the drive),and found that some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi.I reseted my pc(Delete all content and clean up the drive),and found that some...: I was using cloud reset submitted by /u/CaelanBarnes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjstqw/hii_reseted_my_pcdelete_all_content_and_clean_up/
  10. Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Resetting PC and cleaning drive: Resetting stuck at 99 % for last 12 hours. What to do know? What if I switch off and switch on? Do I get PC restored to the position I restarTed resetting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pc-and-cleaning-drive/dd5d7311-2c94-4bc7-9229-28cef0965157