Windows 10: Not getting the prompt to end the run while pressing Ctrl + Break key

Discus and support Not getting the prompt to end the run while pressing Ctrl + Break key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Win10 (32bit) for the first time a new Dell Optiplex with Dell keyboard. When running a BAT sequence in CMD window, hitting Control Break only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THURMANSMITH1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Not getting the prompt to end the run while pressing Ctrl + Break key

Using Win10 (32bit) for the first time a new Dell Optiplex with Dell keyboard.

When running a BAT sequence in CMD window, hitting Control Break only pauses the run, not to present a dialog query to operator to end the run, as all previous versions of Windows. Is this a Win10 "feature"?! Is there some other was to cancel a batch run?

***Modified title from: Win10 CTL-Break***

:)

THURMANSMITH1, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Not getting the prompt to end the run while pressing Ctrl + Break key

My pc gets automatically run after pressing the ctrl key and the project bar gets open again and again

The make and model of the computer is Dell inspiron ,windows 10 home single language,

Version-1607

I have upgrade from windows 8.1.

As i said that my keyboard ctrl key is not working properly. Whenever i press the ctrl key the project bar screen gets turns on and after pressing that key i press any another key the any of the apps get started automatically. Than i restart the computer
    its works normally and if i press the ctrl key than any of the apps get started automatically or cortana gets started....... I suggest you if you can help me through connecting teamviewer to my pc..

Faiz shaikh_990, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Not getting the prompt to end the run while pressing Ctrl + Break key

1. Not getting the prompt to end the run while pressing Ctrl + Break key - Similar Threads - getting prompt end

2. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  3. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  4. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  5. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  6. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  8. Ctrl key keeps being pressed

Ctrl key keeps being pressed: I have this issue since few days ago, but now has become much more severe. Basically after i log on to window the ctrl keys are presssed, as indicated by the on screen keyboard as shown in the attached picture. [IMG] i tried unplugging the keyboard and using another one...
  9. 'End' key getting pressed automatically and continuously in short intervals

'End' key getting pressed automatically and continuously in short intervals: Since I have last updated Windows, I am facing a problem which is `End` key getting pressed continuously on it's own. I tried to troubleshoot it by uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting my computer so that Windows installs it again, but it did not work. Then, I...
  10. Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.: FOR KADOHORN: Your thread of the same name was locked, but I may have the answer: In Excel on Windows 10, I also was frustrated that Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End no longer go to the very start and very end of the document. This was easily fixed - I had TRANSITION NAVIGATION...