Windows 10: Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account

Discus and support Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, on windows 10 even on windows 11 I'm not getting the web results in the windows search bar.I get them only in a gusted user, I haven't logged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Indrit Vaka, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account

Hi, on windows 10 even on windows 11 I'm not getting the web results in the windows search bar.I get them only in a gusted user, I haven't logged in with Microsoft account in thereI also got the same problem with windows 11 on my laptop after logging into my account.As far as I can tell, I have not disabled web results. I have tried those 2 solutions here but no one of them workedNot getting web results in Search or Start Menu search - Microsoft CommunityAny suggestion?

:)

Indrit Vaka, Jun 18, 2022
  2. kkaland Win User

Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C.

This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As far as I can tell, I have not disabled web results. Cortana is on. What setting controls this? I can't get that sample temperature conversion to work in either search (the magnifying glass on the desktop) or
    the Start Menu.

kkaland, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account

Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account

1. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account - Similar Threads - getting web results

2. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account: Hi, on windows 10 even on windows 11 I'm not getting the web results in the windows search bar.I get them only in a gusted user, I haven't logged in with Microsoft account in thereI also got the same problem with windows 11 on my laptop after logging into my account.As far as...
  3. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search after login with microsoft account: Hi, on windows 10 even on windows 11 I'm not getting the web results in the windows search bar.I get them only in a gusted user, I haven't logged in with Microsoft account in thereI also got the same problem with windows 11 on my laptop after logging into my account.As far as...
  4. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  5. windows start menu search web results

windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  6. windows start menu search web results

in Cortana
  7. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  8. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  9. How to get rid of web search results in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of web search results in start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flawr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv7e5r/how_to_get_rid_of_web_search_results_in_start_menu/
  10. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...