Windows 10: Not getting Win 10 Update 2004

Discus and support Not getting Win 10 Update 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am currently on ver 1909 and when I check for updates it shows that compatibility warning. "your device is not ready yet,... Etc" I have 6700k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PM_ME_UR_ROOM_VIEW, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Not getting Win 10 Update 2004

So I am currently on ver 1909 and when I check for updates it shows that compatibility warning. "your device is not ready yet,... Etc"

I have 6700k with gtx 1080, latest drivers, clean install, 451.48.

Windows 10 Home N.

Is there away to see which part is not compatible with that feature update?

I know I can probably force the update via windows upgrade assistant but I want to see if there really is an incompatible component in my PC to avoid issue.

Any input would be appreciated

submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_ROOM_VIEW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PM_ME_UR_ROOM_VIEW, Jun 25, 2020
  2. badrobot Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

No one should ever worry about any issues with the Windows update if you take this one extra step...

Not getting Win 10 Update 2004 [​IMG]

badrobot, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

4. btarunr Win User

Not getting Win 10 Update 2004

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Not getting Win 10 Update 2004

1. Not getting Win 10 Update 2004 - Similar Threads - getting Update 2004

2. Windows update bug Win 10 2004?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update bug Win 10 2004?: When I manually click the check for updates button it searches and then appears to very briefly (1 second) attempt to download something and returns to the you're up to date green check mark. Can anyone reproduce this? I have taken a desktop capture from my machine which...
  3. Win 10 2004 Fall update problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 Fall update problems: Hello. A week or so ago I tried to install this update but I got this error : 0x8024000b I tried again, but this time with this error : 0xc1900101 When I wanted to try again, the update was gone! Is there a way to get it back? Is it even safe to try? Tonight I thought I'd...
  4. win 10 / update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 / update 2004: Hello --- When win10 / 2004 was made available most of my computers had the "block" in windows update that it was not ready for my device --- 2 so far have lifted the block and I update one and it worked ok --- I am waiting on the other since my experience so far it...
  5. Win 10 2004 update No AMD graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 2004 update No AMD graphics: I'm also working on another Acer that I have upgraded today to Ver 2004. I now get a message that the driver isn't installed. I deleted the driver and booted with no difference. This is a machine that was originally Win 7 so it's doing pretty good for it's age. *Smile 161363
  6. Win 10 update 2004

Win 10 update 2004: Had notification that version 2004 was ready to update. Selected download and install. After a funny install Lock outs and blank screens still have Version 1909 OS Build 18363.595 which is the latest build. Question what happen to 2004?...
  7. Win 10 update 2004

Win 10 update 2004: How long does it takes to download and install this update. It has been running for four straight hrs. just to get to 94% and my desktop is not a slouch. Pls & thk-u GP...
  8. win 10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 update 2004: my toredo show state Type is disabled,and state is offline. before update this was also a problem but could be resolved by using command netsh interface toredo set state type=enterpriseclient this no longer works. games like forza 4 no longer connect to multiplayer because...
  9. win 2004 update.

win 2004 update.: I have an HP AMD based laptop. Windows update tells me when ready for my device it will be shown on windows update screen. Any ideas when? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-2004-update/75f6a948-57df-4b26-844b-e5787f9c356f
  10. Win 10 2004 update installation

Win 10 2004 update installation: Hello I was informed on the update page that my desktop PC was "ready to receive the update". I hence launched the installation process. At that point one of my two screens went black. The "preparation" went to 100%. Suddenly the PC shut down I suspected a need for reboot....