Windows 10: Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer.

Discus and support Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I need to change my PIN when signing into the laptop. I've tried to change it by going to the Windows icon, selecting settings, clicking on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeremyReihing, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer.

Hello. I need to change my PIN when signing into the laptop. I've tried to change it by going to the Windows icon, selecting settings, clicking on Accounts, then selecting sign-in options. It will bring up all the options to sign-in, but the PIN option says, "not available". Can anyone help me make this option "Available"? Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

JeremyReihing, Jun 14, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Judesman Win User
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN:

Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer. [​IMG]

Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like this:

Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer. [​IMG]

Can someone explain why there is a difference please?

Judesman, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer.

Windows 10 Won't Give Pin Sign In Option with Pin Set Up

Hi Sam,

Let us try the below workaround to check what is the causing the issue. I suggest you to boot the operating system in Safe mode with Networking and check if you are able to find the PIN as Sign-in option.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Pin as Sign-in option for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer.

1. Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer. - Similar Threads - giving option change

2. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  3. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  4. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to Sign in with Pin and it no longer gives me the option to sign in with my password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sign in with Pin and it no longer gives me the option to sign in with my password...: Hi there,I was testing my features. I signed into my microsoft account on the web browser of my device and I said find my device and locked it. Now I don't know how to get back into it.On the sign in screen of my Windows 10 laptop it gives me the option to put in my pin the...
  6. Unable to Sign in with Pin and it no longer gives me the option to sign in with my password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Sign in with Pin and it no longer gives me the option to sign in with my password...: Hi there,I was testing my features. I signed into my microsoft account on the web browser of my device and I said find my device and locked it. Now I don't know how to get back into it.On the sign in screen of my Windows 10 laptop it gives me the option to put in my pin the...
  7. Unable to Sign in with Pin and it no longer gives me the option to sign in with my password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Computer sign in PIN Number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer sign in PIN Number: How do I get human phone supportI need to change my Computer Sign In Pin and Dell Computer support can't help me.I need technical support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sign-in-pin-number/7b3d02f0-39c7-4043-a3ba-e5a1b1f9ad27
  9. no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option": Everything is telling me to go to "sign-in options" to change my pin or delete my pin, but changing or deleting my pin is no longer listed as an option... on this weird "Windows Hello" pin, which is not an option either. [ATTACH]...
  10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...