Windows 10: Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups?

Discus and support Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As soon as I unpacked my Surface Laptop and started the browser, I immediately started getting pop-ups. With all of the posts I've seen solidifying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonathanReynon, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups?

As soon as I unpacked my Surface Laptop and started the browser, I immediately started getting pop-ups. With all of the posts I've seen solidifying that everyone else is having the same issue, it is obvious Microsoft has obviously partnered with some third party to allow this and that I've spent my hard-earned money on a machine that is essentially an ad machine. This is unfortunate because I've always spoken so highly of the Surface Pro I'd been using for 4 years. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten a Mac. If you can't fix my issue, I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR THIS MACHINE!

:)

JonathanReynon, Jul 1, 2021
  2. ranjit Win User

annoying pop up

Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups? [​IMG]

Thank you for the reply, your recommendation "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups" is already checked. I am sure that it is not a browser problem as i am getting same pop up suggesting other software's.

ranjit, Jul 1, 2021
  3. vivski Win User
    Very annoying pop-up

I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too.

It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so should be in Ease of Access, but I cannot see where the option to kill it resides.

I hope someone can suggest a solution before I throw something at the screen.

vivski, Jul 1, 2021
  4. vivski Win User

Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups?

Annoying pop-up

After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it.

If only MS added some text to the pop-up to help us identify it that would make it easier to get rid of it. I think that there is also a pop-up keyboard as well which I have seen once and never want to see again.

In case the image is not easy to see there are 6 icons, one to close the thing, one to add a space, one to add a character, one to add a new line, and another to change the input method or language. I cannot remember what the one next to the close icon is.

Can anyone help?

vivski, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups?

1. Not Happy...How do I get rid of these excessive and annoying pop-ups? - Similar Threads - Happy rid excessive

2. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  3. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  4. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  5. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  6. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  7. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  8. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  9. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  10. how do I get rid of these annoying windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I get rid of these annoying windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Quionn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efo4e6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_these_annoying_windows/