Windows 10: Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online)

Discus and support Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot view my external and when I go in Disk management is it Not initialized. I tried clicking Online but something is appearing, it says "The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LestreLucero, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online)

I cannot view my external and when I go in Disk management is it Not initialized.

I tried clicking Online but something is appearing, it says "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

Please I need help ASAP. T-T

:)

LestreLucero, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Rita_A37 Win User

not ready, unknown, not initialized, unallocated external hard drive

please I need help on how to format an external hard drive which disk management describes as unknown, not initialized and unallocated. when I try to initialized using both diskpart and disk management, it says disk is not ready.

Rita_A37, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10: Unknown System (ZNot Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online) :) Partition or Disk.

Hi Leonardo,

There are several factors why you see unknown system partition or disk in your computer. It can be a recovery partition. For us to better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When did this issue occur?

Meanwhile, we suggest to follow these steps:

• Open a Command Prompt as admin.
    • Type in diskpart.
    • Type list volumes.
    • Find out which volume shows as your drive E: then type select volume N, where N is the number that the volume was given.
    • Double-check that you're on the right volume, type in "list volume" and check where the asterisk is. If it's beside the volume you wish to change, then good, if not you'll need to do "select volume N" again.
    • When you're sure you're on the right volume, type in remove letter=E.
    • Check it has been done by typing "list volume" to see the results.
    • Close the command prompt window.

It will let you remove that partition.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 24, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online)

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online)

1. Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online) - Similar Threads - Initialized Unknown Disk

2. Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt: Two days ago I was cleaning out my PC because it was in dire need of dusting and cleaning, as well as taking out 3 noisy fans and replacing them. After spending 11 hours on trying to get the fans to work, problem #2 was trying to get the monitor to display anything. So...
  3. Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt: Two days ago I was cleaning out my PC because it was in dire need of dusting and cleaning, as well as taking out 3 noisy fans and replacing them. After spending 11 hours on trying to get the fans to work, problem #2 was trying to get the monitor to display anything. So...
  4. Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/: Hello,My Laptop is not showing the drive for External Hard Disk WD Elements in "My PC". I only show the existing Drives C and D system partitioned ones. But the Hard Disk is identified by "Devices and Printers" under Elements 10B8 - When I click on Properties and then...
  6. New Hard Disk unknown and not initialized + slow boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Hard Disk unknown and not initialized + slow boot time: Hi, i want to apologize in advance for my spelling if some mistakes occur but english is not my first language. I recently bought a new secondary hd wd blue 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache 3.5", i connected the sata cable to the motherboard, connected the psu cable and booted the...
  7. Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management

Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management: D: Drive some times appear and some times disappear suddenly' like today it is showing up and can open it easily and sometimes take times to be open and freeze for a while' other day it is not there even in disk management i wont show it up' did run check disk application...
  8. disk 0 unknown not initialized

disk 0 unknown not initialized: hey guys i am facing an issue just logged on my laptop windows 10 and opened my pc but D drive is missing when i went to disk management it not showing there too at all' i dont know what to do and this is second time witn in 3 months. [ATTACH]...
  9. unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize: I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied". Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive in...
  10. Unknown Not Initialized – Can’t initialize disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unknown Not Initialized – Can’t initialize disk in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have installed a new internal or external hard drive or SSD, and its status in the left side of the Disk Management Tool displays Unknown Not Initialized then it means that Windows can’t the initialize disk and you [...] This post Unknown Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown disk not initialized error does not say unallocated