Windows 10: Not Initializing my hard drive

Discus and support Not Initializing my hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try and initialize my disk it says "The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gyYL, Apr 18, 2019.

1. gyYL Win User

Not Initializing my hard drive

When I try and initialize my disk it says "The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error."

:)

2. Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Not Initializing my hard drive

little cat, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Not Initializing my hard drive

1. Not Initializing my hard drive - Similar Threads - Initializing hard drive

2. Re-initializing hard drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-initializing hard drive on Windows 11: I am moving a 3 TB hard drive that was iniialized using MBR on an old machine to a new Windows 11 computer. The last terabyte of information shows as unallocated. I am trying to re-initialize the drive as GPT so I can use the entire drive but disk management has that option...
  3. Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized: hi! I have a 1000GB HDD which suddenly become unusable. Somehow, it was detected by Disk Management and Device Manager, but size is reduced to just 3.86 GB. It doesn't appear on Windows Explorer. Please help me how to restore it so I can recover my important files. Thanks a...
  4. Initializing a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initializing a new hard drive: I am trying to initialize a new hard drive. I get "Access Denied" Virtual Disk Manager. What is the solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initializing-a-new-hard-drive/f29a0ab3-1ab2-4485-9763-e10ee27cd0ca
  5. Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated: My hard drive of size 1tb was working, but suddenly it was not showing. I opened control panel there it showed the drive. In disk management it was showing my disc was Not Initialized, unallocated, and its size was reduced to 931mb. It should an Initialize Disc tab but when I...
  6. Unable to initialize external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to initialize external hard drive: Hi, I was using an external hard drive on my PS4 however it just randomly stopped working after well over a years use. I plugged it into my PC but i could not see it. When i open disk management and do a disk scan i can then see it appear in the disk management section...
  7. Initialize Hard drive

Initialize Hard drive: Hi all, A friend of mine asked me if I can help him get his laptop back into working order. It is a Samsung model NP740U3L When I turn it on, after about a minute, it tells me: All boot option tried Press F4 for repair After pressing F4 it comes back to the same screen as...
  8. Initializing and Formatting new Hard drive

Initializing and Formatting new Hard drive: I got a new Internal Hard drive for my computer a WD Blue 1TB PC HArd drive 7200 RPM. My problem is when formatting or initializing something went wrong and I am now unable to initialize the disk and When I try to it gives a Data error cyclic redundancy check. Any help would...
  9. Trying to initialize a second hard drive

Trying to initialize a second hard drive: I nuked a hardrive I had from before and put it into my PC. My PC sees all the information but when I try to initialize disk I get the error message: Disk Management The opertaion failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the...
  10. Hard drive unknown, not initialized

Hard drive unknown, not initialized: Yesterday while using my computer my secondary drive / storage drive disappeared. I can see it in Disk Management, but I tried to use MiniTool, but it cannot see the drive. I have attached a screen shot for more info. Is it KIA or recoverable long enough to save a couple...