Windows 10: not just about Windws 10, but...

Discus and support not just about Windws 10, but... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had my Dell PC crash after a year running 10. I got new hard drive and USB with OS/drivers to restore Windows 7.Problem is that I am unable to do some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leathrpaws, Aug 24, 2016.

1. not just about Windws 10, but...

Had my Dell PC crash after a year running 10. I got new hard drive and USB with OS/drivers to restore Windows 7.Problem is that I am unable to do some stuff, like add folders to start menu and move individual programs into them. 10 worked great while I had it, maybe it was the Insider Previews that resulted in the crash. I find 7 counter-intuitive after 3 years, but don't want to chance another crash even if the free upgrade is still available. Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

leathrpaws, Aug 24, 2016

2. Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 (Os Build 16299.125) cannot install updates for 2018

I am trying to install the latest Windws 10 update. One comes out just about every Tuesday and I have been unable to install it for months now. I did get the following error message once.0X80070652. Now I am getting a message saying that I need the
    latest security update but cannot install it until I update Windws 10. Lots of people out here have the same problem.

JamesAllen3, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade to Windows 10?

i love windws 10

wasimshaikh1, Aug 24, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

not just about Windws 10, but...

Hi.
    Once W10 has been installed and activated on a system, it can be reinstalled/clean installed as often as you like/need. You can download the ISO from MS, and clean install W10. skipping when it asks for a keycode, and it will install and activate, because your digital license is stored on the MS servers.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

W10 will install almost all drivers you need; anything that is a problem can be downloaded from the Dell Support web site. I would clean install to your new drive and things should be fine.

simrick, Aug 24, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    If all that you did was reinstall 7, everything should work just fine. If you loaded 10 on top of a full clean install of 7 after you put all of your programs on, it is going to cause headaches. What I did when I installed 10 on my wife's laptop was make a clone of that first install. After all programs installed and updated, made another full clone. Same thing with Anniversary and a week after running to make sure she had all updates, so that I could keep that copy in safe keeping.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

not just about Windws 10, but...

1. not just about Windws 10, but... - Similar Threads - Windws

2. i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-not-make-new-folder-in-external-derive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  3. i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-not-make-new-folder-in-external-derive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  4. my shortcutwith window+p and window+g work only all of other shortcut with windw key does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my shortcutwith window+p and window+g work only all of other shortcut with windw key does...: my window + R is not workingwindow + X is also not working What is the solution to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shortcutwith-windowp-and-windowg-work-only-all/038bf740-c034-4fba-9f26-a8d130b43c4d
  5. my shortcutwith window+p and window+g work only all of other shortcut with windw key does...

my shortcutwith window+p and window+g work only all of other shortcut with windw key does...: my window + R is not workingwindow + X is also not working What is the solution to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shortcutwith-windowp-and-windowg-work-only-all/038bf740-c034-4fba-9f26-a8d130b43c4d
  6. In Windws 11 Pro, File Explorer only opens on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windws 11 Pro, File Explorer only opens on second monitor: Recently built a new computer with all new internal components except power supply and case, but that's not internal and used old external components including monitors. Decided to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows 10 Pro while I was at it. File explorer will not open on...
  7. In Windws 11 Pro, File Explorer only opens on second monitor

In Windws 11 Pro, File Explorer only opens on second monitor: Recently built a new computer with all new internal components except power supply and case, but that's not internal and used old external components including monitors. Decided to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows 10 Pro while I was at it. File explorer will not open on...
  8. How to solve burn error messasges on Windws 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve burn error messasges on Windws 11?: I tried to burn data on Windows 11 but it failed. So, I bought Nero 2019 Platinum that also shows burn process fails- couldn’t perform write as per the attach file and log. I noticed that Microsoft device security” blocks other applications including Nero burn rom so I allow...
  9. How to solve burn error messasges on Windws 11?

How to solve burn error messasges on Windws 11?: I tried to burn data on Windows 11 but it failed. So, I bought Nero 2019 Platinum that also shows burn process fails- couldn’t perform write as per the attach file and log. I noticed that Microsoft device security” blocks other applications including Nero burn rom so I allow...
  10. Remove "do no disturb" icon from Windws 11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "do no disturb" icon from Windws 11 taskbar: Hello,Please refer to the below URL for a picture.At the far right-hand side of the Windows 11 taskbar, the icon for "do not disturb" is displayed, I want to remove or hide this icon. How is this achieved?Many thanks!https://imgur.com/uqp7ELn...