Windows 10: Not letting me sign-in

Discus and support Not letting me sign-in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my laptop (running Windows 10 professional) I enter in the right password and it tells me that it’s incorrect. I meter in a multitude of other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vx786xv, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Not letting me sign-in

On my laptop (running Windows 10 professional) I enter in the right password and it tells me that it’s incorrect. I meter in a multitude of other passwords and it still isn’t correct. It doesn’t allow me to change options on how to sign in too (sign in via fingerprint, sign in via PIN, etc) I even changed the password of my account and it still didn’t work, I’m wondering if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/vx786xv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vx786xv, Sep 11, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Not letting me sign-in

Groove music not letting me sign in

Hello,

As a first troubleshooting step, we can try resetting your Windows Store and see how it goes. Feel free to check out these simple steps on how to perform a Windows Store reset from your PC:

• Press the Windows key + R
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK
    • Restart your PC
    This step will clear the Windows Store cache, which has been found helpful in troubleshooting issues signing in to Groove Music.

Keep us posted for any updates.

Mark Isi, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Not letting me sign-in

1. Not letting me sign-in - Similar Threads - letting sign

2. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  3. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  4. office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...: I booted up my desktop to work on an essay that i was writing on word but when i opened the file it said that something had been paused because i wasn't signed in. I clicked on the button to sign in multiple times and thought maybe it was bugged and would work if i signed out...
  5. office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...

office 365, word, even clipchamp will not let me sign in to my personal microsoft account,...: I booted up my desktop to work on an essay that i was writing on word but when i opened the file it said that something had been paused because i wasn't signed in. I clicked on the button to sign in multiple times and thought maybe it was bugged and would work if i signed out...
  6. i bought a new minecraft account to alt on a world but it won't let me sign into my old account

i bought a new minecraft account to alt on a world but it won't let me sign into my old account: I bought the java editon of minecraft for 30$ for a second account but it won't let me accses my old one what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-minecraft-account-to-alt-on-a-world/661f5da9-0663-43a4-83f7-c0871a455e88
  7. i bought a new minecraft account to alt on a world but it won't let me sign into my old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a new minecraft account to alt on a world but it won't let me sign into my old account: I bought the java editon of minecraft for 30$ for a second account but it won't let me accses my old one what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-minecraft-account-to-alt-on-a-world/661f5da9-0663-43a4-83f7-c0871a455e88
  8. my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in: So my laptop was on last night and I didn't Trun it off so when I woke up my laptop was shutdown and when i turned it back on and clicked on sign in was signing in with the name New user instead of my name and then instead of going to windows page it just brought me back to...
  9. my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in

my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in: So my laptop was on last night and I didn't Trun it off so when I woke up my laptop was shutdown and when i turned it back on and clicked on sign in was signing in with the name New user instead of my name and then instead of going to windows page it just brought me back to...
  10. Windows Store App wont let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store App wont let me sign in: So i got game pass and when i open a game it prompts me to sign in i click it then a window flashes and closes and it continues, then after that the game opens and it asks me to sign in again and then it does the same there where a small gray window pops up in the middle of...