Windows 10: Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

Discus and support Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Adding to the above existing thread; My new Windows 10 is not reading USB ports sporadically, my issue is with a card reader which actually has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruthxdavies, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ruthxdavies Win User

Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

Adding to the above existing thread; My new Windows 10 is not reading USB ports sporadically, my issue is with a card reader which actually has no drivers, so uninstall/reinstall/update driver options in Device Manager do not apply here. Troubleshooting says it needs to be in a USB 2.0 port (not a 3) which I comply with, the green light appears on the device after troubleshooting runs and then instantly changes back to red and does not function. This has only occurred in the past couple of months (we are a school and were on summer break, it was working up til mid-July). Originally thought it was the device and bought a new one, new cable, tried on different PCs but identical spec, all the same, can't get it working. Also have numerous whiteboards in school losing connectivity through usb on a regular basis, full-time job getting them back to work. What is going on?! These are new machines, they shouldn't/didn't have this issue before. Every you tube expert says the same, none of it has worked so far, any suggestions that aren't out there already? We need a fix from Microsoft, and don't even get me started on the on again/off again audio!

:)

ruthxdavies, Sep 7, 2018
  2. melvin7020 Win User

Projector not working - not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

It is possible MS update installed an incompatible driver and that is why it is saying Device DISPLAY\CHRC378\4&2e2e29c0&2&UID198147 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

There is no rollback option for the Generic PnP monitor, dfriver. There was one for the Intel (R) HD graphics family adapter so I rolled that back to no effect. It still says device display not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

I've had another go at pointing driver updater to the correct driver by using I have disk or search for driver/s manually to no effect.

melvin7020, Sep 7, 2018
  3. KLChoe Win User

After installed 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4048955) , device not migrated shows.

Anyone can assist/solve this error? Thanks.

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_84321043&REV_06\4&100198e&0&00E4 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: BTH\MS_BTHPAN\7&12bb4284&2&2

Class Guid: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF102

Present: false

Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match 6422e8b6-fb15-4d3b-bacd-4dc87f0e70cd.png

KLChoe, Sep 7, 2018
  4. melvin7020 Win User

Projector not working - not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

had not Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device." device before. Did both again.

No success though. Now however when I do

right click scren > display settings > is no lonnger showing the second screen.

but when I go into

control panel > hardware and sound > devices and printers is still showing the same:

hp

Generic PnP monitor and in the events of the PNP monitor it is saying device not migrated (but the date now is today)

Device DISPLAY\OPT0209\4&2e2e29c0&3&UID198147 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\DEFAULT_MONITOR\1&8713BCA&0&UID0

Class Guid: {4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F100

Present: false

melvin7020, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match - Similar Threads - migrated due partial

2. Device USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&2db76ed8&0&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&2db76ed8&0&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: So I recently purchased a 4 port 3.0 device and installed it into my desktop, because I needed a 3.0 usb to run a device. Long story short the device "works" but not to the potential that it should be. I feel like it is something to do with the usb add-in but can't be too...
  3. User profile partially "corrupted", how to migrate to a new one?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile partially "corrupted", how to migrate to a new one?: It seems that sometimes Windows 10 user profiles get corrupted. Small problems here and there. Nothing fixes the problems and you have to create a new profile. What is the best way to "copy" or "clone" stuff from the old profile to the new one? I already have most programs...
  4. Device DISPLAY\CHIBD1B\5&122ca89d&0&UID4352 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Device DISPLAY\CHIBD1B\5&122ca89d&0&UID4352 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: I have a identical dual monitor setup. A month ago I was running out of space from my boot drive so I bought a 2tb hard drive and migrated the system to it, the migration failed when I tried to startup with the new drive. I then checked the drive for errors and malfunctions...
  5. device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: Good day, I'm attempting (unsuccessfully) to install an Eaglescope TG220 on my Dell laptop running windows10. Here is the full content of the information box: Device USB\VID_14C3&PID_1303&MI_00\6&7bb7c85&0&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last...
  6. Battery Percentage not matched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Percentage not matched: [IMG] Battery Percentage dont match need help to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/battery-percentage-not-matched/9f08739c-2289-4d9d-bc77-13eba6a0f0b0
  7. Changed SATA ports SSD's and HDD: device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

Changed SATA ports SSD's and HDD: device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match: I recently cloned my old Kingston SSD to a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD and installed it into my desktop. When I installed it I just unplugged all of my SATA ports to take care of some cable management and they did not get plugged into the original ports. I have my boot SSD in...
  8. Partial Encryption of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Partial Encryption of Laptop: Hi all. I use to use TrueCrypt so that I could have only part of my laptop encrypted, and now TrueCrypt is no more *Sad. Can somebody suggest a replacement for TrueCrypt: I want to have an encrypted volume/part of my laptop on my laptop. I want the rest of the laptop not...
  9. Ambiguous Device Software Notification

Ambiguous Device Software Notification: I just got a notification which said to finish installing device software. How can I find out what device software the notification was referring to? There aren't any yellow flags in Device Manager, and Windows Update and Windows Update MiniTool didn't find any updates. 40457
  10. Start menu search not showing partial matches

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not showing partial matches: Hi. I have windows 10 home x64 in my desktop. My laptop has the also windows 10 home x64 and displays correctly the start menu search partial matches for words that i search. The desktop won't do that. For example i search in the laptop "word" and it show's me the Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. partial or ambiguous match

2. keybaord not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

3. what does monitor not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.mean

4. 00000000000006&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.,
  5. bluetoothdevice was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match