Windows 10: not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discus and support not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; no audio NO system restore!!!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnojohn, Sep 3, 2019.

1. johnojohn Win User

not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no audio NO system restore!!!!!!

:)

johnojohn, Sep 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Have deleted system image backups using the windows 10 suggested method. But 2 system image rstore points are still listed under other backups. Have tried all the suggested methods on the net and from the microsoft community, but the system image restore
    points remain. Even after deleting all but the last normal restore points. I guess I can just ignore them. Would appreciate any advice as nothing seems to remove them.

Aquarius 2015, Sep 3, 2019
  3. dogpark Win User
    Delete System Restore Points in Windows 10

Hi Brink,

I thought perhaps it might have something to do with Windows Backup but have always had the Manage Windows Backup disk space option set to: Keep only the recent system image.

I deleted all the restore points for D: (backup drive) thru System Protection. Don't believe System Restore has ever been on for D: drive. Even tho doing this indicates the Restore points have been successfully deleted the 3.52 GB value always remains.

not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Then I reran the vssadmin list shadows & vssadmin delete shadows /all

not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

All is good?? - there is only one backup in System Restore now. *Huh

I had to go thru a few gyrations this morning to clear the normal Restore Points I found another poster suggesting almost identical problem = System restore - weird behavior. Thought may be symptom of a larger issue.

Thank you for your assistance once again.

dogpark, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - audio system restore

2. When restoring my computer only my deleted files have been restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restoring my computer only my deleted files have been restored: When trying to change my computer username in the, C:\Users\[Your User Account], my computer opened to a new user where none of my files were. When trying to fix this I did a system restore however it's only restored my deleted files and nothing else, this is weird cause my...
  3. When restoring my computer only my deleted files have been restored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When restoring my computer only my deleted files have been restored: When trying to change my computer username in the, C:\Users\[Your User Account], my computer opened to a new user where none of my files were. When trying to fix this I did a system restore however it's only restored my deleted files and nothing else, this is weird cause my...
  4. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  5. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  6. System restore points deleted by system leaving only last one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points deleted by system leaving only last one: In the last few days a problem has occurred where the print pictures wizard will only print the middle section on a picture. This is the case with two different printers which are driven by profoundly different software one being a digital press, the other a desk top printer....
  7. Windows deleting my System Restore points :-(

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows deleting my System Restore points :-(: I have Googled this (for years now, on and off) but have never found anything that resolves the problem. If anyone has any ideas, or even a solution... Three days ago, all my system restore points had vanished (yet again): I have a small programme run on startup which shows...
  8. System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point: Hello: System Restore did not completed successfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed. System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the Directory from the restore point. Source: %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps Destination: AppxStaging...
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...