Windows 10: not open the laptop by single tap on power buuton

Discus and support not open the laptop by single tap on power buuton in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; now a days I am facing the problem ,the pc is not opening single tap on power button,it takes time to on the pc .its open after press and hold the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SUSANTA1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. SUSANTA1 Win User

not open the laptop by single tap on power buuton

now a days I am facing the problem ,the pc is not opening single tap on power button,it takes time to on the pc .its open after press and hold the power button. and its sometime misbehave ,when I am try to shutting down after off the screen its automatically restart.

:)

SUSANTA1, Nov 21, 2019
  2. timshaw1 Win User

How to switch single tap for a single click to a double tap for a single click???

Thanks for the quick response but this is double clicking - not double tapping. Do you know how to perform the function of a double click with a double tap??

timshaw1, Nov 21, 2019
  3. timshaw1 Win User
    How to switch single tap for a single click to a double tap for a single click???

Right - there is a difference between single tap and single click and double tap and double click

when i "single tap" on the touchpad - i tap it (rather than click the pad down) and that would perform the task of a single click - i find this function very annoying as it makes me inadvertently open folders and files i am not looking to open - so i went
    to touchpad settings and turned off the "single tap to single click" function

I would, however, like to change this so a double TAP performs the function of a single click. Can a Dell XPS with windows 10 do this or is apple the only company to offer a useful function like this?

thanks

timshaw1, Nov 21, 2019
  4. SarahKong Win User

This is possible through the Windows folder options in file explorer.

Below is a link with step by step instructions.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-dou...

SarahKong, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

1. not open the laptop by single tap on power buuton - Similar Threads - open laptop single

2. Double Tap

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  3. Restart single laptop (situation persists)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart single laptop (situation persists): Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you for a statement that my laptop is being restarted. I really do not know why she is restarting. I took a picture to see what it is. Maybe you can help me! I installed Windows again on clean and I went into Computer...
  4. Laptop power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop power options: Hi. Can I power on my laptop without opening the lid?. I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 with the power button on the outside. Is there any BIOS/UEFI option that might help? I have an external monitor, keyboard, mouse connected all the time. Would love any suggestions. Thank You....
  5. Single click open won't disengage

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click open won't disengage: I am helping a friend transfer her files from her old laptop to a new one. Everything is done but she changed it to one click opening. While helping her with the reinstallation of her programs and data I found the single click open being confusing so I went to control...
  6. laptop power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop power: My laptop will not run on ac if I remove the battery. The battery will not charge unless I power off. This just started and coincides with an error message I get that a system board CT is not identified correctly. My warranty ran out so service costs more than the computer...
  7. Laptop Lost Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Lost Power: Hi I was using my Laptop, Dell Vostro 1000, and it shut down. I pushed the power button and nothing happened, so I did the following: Checked the wall outlet. Removed the battery and tried to power it up with the power adapter. Replaced the power adapter. Tried to power...
  8. Can't get tapping to work on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get tapping to work on HP Laptop: I recently installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop and the tapping no longer works on the touchpad. I went through the mouse pointer settings menus and tapping is definitely enabled - it just doesn't work. The buttons work just fine and scrolling works on the touchpad....
  9. Open an Elevated Shortcut as single program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open an Elevated Shortcut as single program?: Hi, so a while ago I followed this tutorial and it worked great, but something has been bothering me with the way it works and I can't seem to find a solution for it (I'm not really sure how to explain/look it up either). I was really hoping someone could help me with this....
  10. Panel Open - Power On

in Windows 10 Support
    Panel Open - Power On: Good Morning, I am enquiring how I can effectively disable the 'Panel open - Power on' feature on a Win10 Toshiba Satellite laptop. I would prefer to start up the unit on the power button, as it is very easy to inadvertently initiate the 'power on' feature when placing the...