Windows 10: Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10

Discus and support Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On the other day I tried to open an app which is of .exe extension the cursor appears loading and then it disappears, I have used the same app the day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mahidharchittimireddy, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10

On the other day I tried to open an app which is of .exe extension the cursor appears loading and then it disappears, I have used the same app the day before it worked perfectly and then I tried to run the "cmd->exe" in command prompt, it shows "This app cannot run in your PC" and to find a new version for your PC,check with the software publisher is shown and I have checked the version for my OS and it is just fine.

I would much prefer to correct the issue as early as possible

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks

:)

mahidharchittimireddy, Jul 4, 2020

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 4, 2020
  3. files not opening with .exe extension

I'm not able to run any of the .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.This really seems to be a
    strong virus because recently before this problem the google chrome page look had changed and was redirecting to yahoo page automatically for every search.although chrome is opening properly now but i can't open any of the .exe files of the
    system,including task manager,cmd prompt in admin mode,regedit,downloads with .exe extension ,etc.... Somebody please help me with this problem.I
    have really important work to complete. ;_;

mohammed98, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10

How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10

1. Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10 - Similar Threads - opening exe extension

2. Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.: Hello everyone, I wanna get straight to the point, I absolutely messed up. Sooo... It all started when I couldn't open Identity V anymore, that seems to be a really common problem amongst players and the developers have not fixed this issue yet. For the next few days I kept...
  3. EXE FILE EXTENSION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EXE FILE EXTENSION: Guys I was curious to know how to sole a silly issue that I encountered with while manipulating the registry keys. So the issue is I accidentally changed the .exe file extension to ask me an option to Open with. Forget about installing an app with .exe or or opening a...
  4. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command: cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh [img] Power Shell works just fine with out an .exe, though. . . ? . 172679
  5. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  6. Cannot download files with an EXE extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot download files with an EXE extension: This all started when I went to install Visual Studio 2019. I removed Visual Studio 2017, and cleaned out the folders left behind. When I went to install it, I could not download it with Chrome with Chrome reporting it as being blocked. I do not have "Safe Browsing"...
  7. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  8. exe extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    exe extension: Every time I turn my windows computer on two .exe file continuously pops up for approval to install. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-extension/120b8cd1-1b35-438c-af1b-7316361b17bc
  9. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  10. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...