Windows 10: not opening links as requested

Discus and support not opening links as requested in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; not opening links as requested, some links , do not open,instead there is a pop up window - open an account. not what i am asking.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by graham.d, Mar 20, 2019.

1. graham.d Win User

not opening links as requested

not opening links as requested, some links , do not open,instead there is a pop up window - open an account. not what i am asking.

:)

graham.d, Mar 20, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Mar 20, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 20, 2019
  4. wolf Win User

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

1. not opening links as requested - Similar Threads - opening links requested

2. Request For BSOD Help With A Dump Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request For BSOD Help With A Dump Link: Hello, i just received a BSOD crash/restart/system failure and was wondering what it was caused by. I've checked heat for my CPU and it seems within limits. I can't find anything in the Event Viewer and read that I should try the Driver Verifier. I did so and got the dump at...
  3. Request For BSOD Help With A Dump Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request For BSOD Help With A Dump Link: Hello, i just received a BSOD crash/restart/system failure and was wondering what it was caused by. I've checked heat for my CPU and it seems within limits. I can't find anything in the Event Viewer and read that I should try the Driver Verifier. I did so and got the dump at...
  4. No communication on open request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No communication on open request: Hello, I have Request ID: 2307250030005285 opened and paid for since last week Tuesday July the 25th, which is over a week now but I've not received any further communication from support.The phone prompt for US in the ServiceHub is referring me back to help.microsoft.com...
  5. No communication on open request

No communication on open request: Hello, I have Request ID: 2307250030005285 opened and paid for since last week Tuesday July the 25th, which is over a week now but I've not received any further communication from support.The phone prompt for US in the ServiceHub is referring me back to help.microsoft.com...
  6. OPENING LINKS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPENING LINKS: When i click on a ling to open a document, it goes straight to down load.Attached is an example. When I click on the link to read, it goes to downloadhttps://www.saarp.net/Rod...
  7. OPENING LINKS

OPENING LINKS: When i click on a ling to open a document, it goes straight to down load.Attached is an example. When I click on the link to read, it goes to downloadhttps://www.saarp.net/Rod...
  8. Opening a link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening a link: At one time I was able to open my mail from my home page, showing a new tab next to my home page tab. I therefor had two tabs. I no longer can do that. When I open my mail from my home page, the mail tab takes the place of the home tab. I only have one tab, that of the mail....
  9. OPENING LINKS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OPENING LINKS: When I click on a link in a web site, it does not open.I have to right click it, then click " open link in a new window"What has gone wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-links/da5534e7-4749-4b2e-847e-4c3c7abf67fd
  10. opening link.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    opening link.: my computer is somehow set to open new window instead opening a new tab. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/opening-link/e72bfcf5-58f9-4ae0-ba42-9e2c89735733