Windows 10: Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc

Discus and support Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I'm having some problems when trying to modify any file from the "WindowsApps" folder which contains all the game installed from the Xbox PC app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Juan JoseFernandez Romero, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc

Hi!

I'm having some problems when trying to modify any file from the "WindowsApps" folder which contains all the game installed from the Xbox PC app. When I try to edit any config file or copy any file into the folder, I either get a "Not permission" error or a "Not enought space" error.

Things I tried:

- Changed the owner of the WindowsApps folder --> It changed the owner, but the owner of the children folders didn't.

- Full control for Users and administrator --> I changed the permission for all children folders, but still didn't work.

- Disabled the only read checkbox --> It keep reverting to Only read.

Any solution for this?

:)

Juan JoseFernandez Romero, Jun 14, 2019

2. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    Code:
    takeown /f "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /a /r /d y   icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /inheritance:r /grant:r Administrators:(OI)(CI)F /t /c 
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Aleckzo Win User
    Game pass for PC not working.

I just bought the game pass for PC this morning after seeing the list of games, and the one i was mostly looking forward to was slay the spire, however when i went into the Microsoft store app and searched for the game, it said "owned", but when i clicked
    on it, the install button was grayed out. And I had the same problem with other titles that were supposedly meant to be a part of the game pass for PC such as banner saga. Does anybody know why this is or if there is a fix?

Aleckzo, Jun 14, 2019
  4. S.cloris Win User

Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc

1. Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc - Similar Threads - permissions WindowsApps Game

2. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  3. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  4. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  5. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  6. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windowsapps permission: I am trying to change the name of a folder in the windows apps folder. I am the owner of the folder but I cant rename it. It's says I need access from myself. What do I do? submitted by /u/TitusHM1 [link] [comments]...
  8. Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help

Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help: Hello I am having an issue with my computer. I used to have the xbox game pass beta installed on my pc and it created a windows apps folder to store the games. some stuff happened to my pcs performance so i reset my pc but kept my files. The game pass beta app was deleted but...
  9. Cannot delete the WindowsApps folder made by Game Pass PC

Cannot delete the WindowsApps folder made by Game Pass PC: So I had to format my SSD but I didn't delete anything from my D drive.. So the problem is that when I reinstalled Game Pass, I cant switch the default install location to D because there is the "WindowsApps" folder which cannot be deleted. before the reason was permissions...
  10. uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****

uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****: Thought i uninstalled ark and sot then i find out its taking up like 200gb or my hard drive, but i cant seem to delete the folders from windowsapps so am i just doomed with whatever i install on gamepass i can never uninstall. Also when i try to change my default save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. write game pass windowsapps

2. gamepass files no permission to chage security permission

3. xbox game pass reuse windowsapps folder

4. edit files windowsapp game pass games,
  5. windowsapp permission,
  6. xbox game pass windowsapps folder,
  7. game pass pc how do i get windows app permissions