Windows 10: Not picking any networks on WiFi

Discus and support Not picking any networks on WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Strange issue seems to be occuring. I have a HP laptop which is only a couple of months old and it has completely stopped picking up any networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PCT89, Jan 12, 2020.

1. PCT89 Win User

Not picking any networks on WiFi

Strange issue seems to be occuring. I have a HP laptop which is only a couple of months old and it has completely stopped picking up any networks wirelessly. Hotspot from phone doesn’t appear, my home wifi has stopped appearing.

I’ve tried to set up a network manually home wifi and have a message appear saying an unexpected error has occurred.

very confused

:)

PCT89, Jan 12, 2020
  2. TechSeven Win User

New mini usb wifi adapter not picking up wifi. Win 7 64bit.

Not picking any networks on WiFi [​IMG]

Not picking any networks on WiFi [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

"Please would you post the list of contents of that folder on your CD - RTWLANU_Driver."
    I hope i was able to answer your request Try3 with the two pictures above*Smile.

TechSeven, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Network Protocols

You'll restart the machine at least once.
    Save any work, close open programs.
    Any unsaved work will be lost.

The run command quickly gets you to Network Connections

WinKey+R ncpa.cpl
    After each suggested solution, see the issue is resolved.
    If one suggestions fixes the issue, you do NOT have to do any of the other suggestions.

1. Run the built-in Troubleshooter
      Right click the network icon on the Taskbar
      Pick Troubleshoot problems
      Select Identify and repair network problems
      Follow instructions in the troubleshooter
    2. Reset networking
      Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
      Copy the lines in the code box below
      Right click in the Command Prompt window to paste

Code:
      Code:
      netsh winsock reset  netsh int ip reset  netsh int ipv4 reset  netsh int ipv6 reset  ipconfig /renew  ipconfig /flushdns
      Restart your machine
    3. Disable IPv6
      Open Network Connections
      Right click on the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
      Select Properties
      Scroll down to Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
      Remove the check mark
      Press OK

Restart your machine
    4. Reinstall TCP/Pv4
      enter the following commands
      netsh int ipv4 install
      exit
      Restart your machine
    5. Restart Your Network Adapters
      Open Network Connections
      Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
      Pick Disable

Restart your machine

Open Network Connections
      Pick Enable
    6. Uninstall and Reinstall Your Security/Antivirus Software

Slartybart, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Not picking any networks on WiFi

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

Dalchina's suggestion to use the Network Troubleshooter is where I would start

You'll restart the machine at least once.
    Save any work, close open programs.
    Any unsaved work will be lost.

The run command quickly gets you to Network Connections

WinKey+R ncpa.cpl
    After each suggested solution, see the issue is resolved.
    If one suggestions fixes the issue, you do NOT have to do any of the other suggestions.
    1. Run the built-in Troubleshooter
      Right click the network icon on the Taskbar
      Pick Troubleshoot problems
      Select Identify and repair network problems
      Follow instructions in the troubleshooter
    2. Reset networking
      Copy the lines in the code box below
      Right click in the Command Prompt window to paste

Code:
      Code:
      netsh winsock reset  netsh int ip reset  netsh int ipv4 reset  netsh int ipv6 reset  ipconfig /renew  ipconfig /flushdns
      Restart your machine
    3. Disable IPv6
      Open Network Connections
      Right click on the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
      Select Properties
      Scroll down to Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
      Remove the check mark
      Press OK

Restart your machine
    4. Restart Your Network Adapters
      Open Network Connections
      Pick Disable

Restart your machine

Open Network Connections
      Pick Enable
    5. Uninstall and Reinstall Your Security/Antivirus Software

Slartybart, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Not picking any networks on WiFi

1. Not picking any networks on WiFi - Similar Threads - picking networks WiFi

2. Wifi but no internet on any network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi but no internet on any network?: I have had a recent problem with my laptop, where I am able to connect to any wifi wirelessly, but I am unable to access the internet. However, I am able to access the internet if I connect a lan cable directly from my laptop to my router. I have already done a network reset...
  3. Wifi but no internet on any network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi but no internet on any network?: I have had a recent problem with my laptop, where I am able to connect to any wifi wirelessly, but I am unable to access the internet. However, I am able to access the internet if I connect a lan cable directly from my laptop to my router. I have already done a network reset...
  4. WiFi not showing any networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not showing any networks.: I have tried literally everything to fix this. It shows no WiFi connections and only airplane mode. I even tried factory resetting my laptop and it didn’t work. In change adapter settings it only shows Ethernet. I’m network and sharing center it shows no active networks. I...
  5. My pc does not pick up any WiFi

My pc does not pick up any WiFi: Hi, for the past week my Pc has not been connecting to the internet. When i trouble shoot all it tells me is that my ethernet cable is not connected. Now ive never connected my pc to an ethernet cable Ive done everthing other forums have asked and still nothing...
  6. Mic is not picking any sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is not picking any sound.: Hello everyone. I've been using a set of handsfree for at least 1 year and for the last month, I think around December, my microphone stopped working. No reason at all, one day it just stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, I've tried...
  7. WIFI is not picking up networks despite being turned on

WIFI is not picking up networks despite being turned on: I have Windows 10 desktop computer with a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN card plugged into one of the front USB ports. Even though WIFI is turned on, it never picks up anything. It just says "No WI-FI Networks Found". Airplane mode is turned off. Firewall is on. So it isn't...
  8. My Pc’s wireless wifi isn’t picking up any wifis

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Pc’s wireless wifi isn’t picking up any wifis: I Built a pc not too long ago and added a wifi adapter from asus (Dual-Band wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter). This wifi adapter was working for a short while but then stopped one day and I have no idea why. Can someone help me out? submitted by /u/Calebk504 [link]...
  9. WiFi is not searcing any available network

WiFi is not searcing any available network: I have Acer E1 522 my wifi icon disappeared from action center. I restarted laptop several times but no luck. Device manager is showing all drivers. I uninstalled the drivers and restarted the laptop, the drivers got installed but still not showing wifi icon or available...
  10. wifi won't detect any network

wifi won't detect any network: My wifi won't detect any network, it shows a red cross sign in notification area. It's using Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC (Driver version: 2023.43.914.2016). Today, When I checked the manufacturers site, they suggested RTL8188CE version so I downloaded...