Windows 10: Not possible to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with Microsoft Modern Keyboard with...

Discus and support Not possible to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with Microsoft Modern Keyboard with... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I can't set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID. Windows Hello is configured well and works with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SIGIT8, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SIGIT8 Win User

Not possible to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with Microsoft Modern Keyboard with...

Hi,

I can't set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.

Windows Hello is configured well and works with Face Recognition but unfortunately not with Fingerprint.

The Fingerprint "Set up" button is greyed out.

I did some research and found several articles with a similar issue (not exactly with the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID).

The solution was always to reinstall the biometric driver or to install the newest available driver.

I uninstall my biometric driver and also downloaded and installed the newest driver for Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (KeyboardwithFingerprintIDInstaller_64bit_ENG_1.0.162 / https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/microsoft-modern-keyboard-with-fingerprint-id#techspecs-connect) but this doesn't solved my problem, the Fingerprint "Set up" button is still greyed out.

I also tried all of this steps mentioned in this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4036292

Don't helped me either.

The biometric driver name is:

"Keyboard Bluetooth Fingerprint Sensor"
    Obviously there is something going on, because when I uninstall the driver, I don't have anymore the Fingerprint section. Reinstall the driver the Fingerprint section is available again but as I mentioned it's greyed out.

Is there maybe a pending update of this driver for the Windows 10 (1809)?

Did I missed something?

Windows Version:

Windows 10 (1809)

Device:

Surface Pro (5th generation)

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

SIGIT8, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User
    Sasqui, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Fif23 Win User
    Anyone with the Microsoft Modern fingerprint keyboard ?

Hi there ! Anyone here bought the Microsoft keyboard with the fingerprint sensor ? That slim one, called Modern.

Real world views ? What do you think ?
    Cons ?

Looks really good on paper.

Thanks fellas !

Fif23, Nov 30, 2018
  4. helloken Win User

Not possible to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with Microsoft Modern Keyboard with...

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Bluetooth Problem

Hello,

I bought a microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id few days ago, but it cannot build a bluetooth connection with my computers. I also own a Surface mouse, and it works properly, so I am quite sure that my computers have no problem.

I tried all the trouble shooting steps on the help page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eshooting-modern-keyboard-with-fingerprint-id), but the problem persists.

Can anyone help me?

helloken, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Not possible to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with Microsoft Modern Keyboard with... - Similar Threads - possible set Hello

2. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  3. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  4. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working: Hi - I'm attempting to setup my fingerprint sensor for my Acer Spin 3 laptop. The laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor, yet when I attempt to set it up, I am required to click 'get started' - nothing happens when I click this button. I have attempted reinstalling...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working: Hi - I'm attempting to setup my fingerprint sensor for my Acer Spin 3 laptop. The laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor, yet when I attempt to set it up, I am required to click 'get started' - nothing happens when I click this button. I have attempted reinstalling...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. hello fingerprint will not set up

hello fingerprint will not set up: I have a Dell Latitude 5400 and everytime I go to set up the fingerprint id it comes back with a message saying 'Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows hello and then try going through the setup again' I have updated the laptop- I have installed the latest driver from...
  9. Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint

Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint: Hi, as seen from the picture it says that windows hello fingerprint is unavailable and I am currently using a Lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen. Any idea how to fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging: Hi, all. So I have this weird issue. Even if I leave my keyboard plugged in, it never goes above 90% charge, and will fall, while plugged in, to below 80% sometimes. I have tried plugging it into USB ports, we well as USB charging stations, with no change. If I unplug it,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem solving microsoft modern keyboard with finger print id on windows 10 version 1809

2. modern keyboard fingerprint set up disabled