Windows 10: Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10, my printer (HP color LaserJet pro M452dn) doesn't print Microsoft office documents from my account. Prints all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skums, Mar 28, 2019.

1. skums Win User

Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10, my printer (HP color LaserJet pro M452dn) doesn't print Microsoft office documents from my account. Prints all other documents. It works with no issues from a different account on the same computer. I tried reinstalling the driver and all other stuff suggested by HP printer site. Looks like some user settings or temp files on my account is preventing me from printing office documents.

-Created a new account on the same computer. Printing without any issues from the new account.

-Changing UAC setting has no effect.

-Removed and reinstalled driver from HP website a couple of times. No luck.

-Removed and reinstalled office 365. No luck.

-Printing pdf and files other than Microsoft office files or pdf created from word without any problem.

-Other windows computers connected to this printer prints without any problem

-No error messages.

-Windows troubleshoot is useless

-'Print test page' prints a test page.

Looking for help.

:)

skums, Mar 28, 2019
  2. JPSz Win User

HP Printer Doesn't Print MS Office Documents Windows 10

Thanks for the reply seahawks65.

I did those steps and it still doesn't print. When I tried to print the .XPS document to the XPS document writer, it opened a 'save as' window and wanted to save it as a .oxps file.

I can print PDF documents but those are printed from Chrome as Chrome is my default PDF application.

I have Office 2016 installed on the PC.

This has something to do with some update that was applied when I formatted my C: drive and reinstalled windows. I have never had this issue before with this PC or printer.

I have done all the steps you suggested numerous times. I have run the Microsoft fix-print issues tool and it reports everything is fine. I have also run the HP scan and print tool and it also reports all is fine.

I really believe this issue is directly related to that new entry "WSD Print Provider". I have never seen that before.

3. Unable to print Excel documents on Windows 10.

Hello Gifford,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print Excel documents on the computer running Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to print other system documents or webpages using the printer?
    • Did you check if the printer is visible under Devices and Printers?

You will be able to print documents and web pages from the Printer if the device is online or showing working status under
    Devices and Printers.

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to check if you are able to print documents other than Excel documents or webpages using the printer.

Also check if the printer is listed under Devices and Printers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Devices and Drivers and select the top most search result.
    • Under Printers, check if the printer you are trying to print from is listed.
    • If yes, print a test Excel document and check if the device works.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10

Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10

1. Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - printing office documents

2. Printing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing documents: Why has my Word Document printer quit working? Is there a free Microsoft program available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-documents/51eb60d9-3388-43d3-8ae6-1ea17dba90d4
  3. Printing documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing documents: Why has my Word Document printer quit working? Is there a free Microsoft program available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-documents/51eb60d9-3388-43d3-8ae6-1ea17dba90d4
  4. Explorer won't open office documents after upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer won't open office documents after upgrade Windows 10: I recently installed an upgrade for Windows 10. Following this when I tried to open an Office document either by using the search box or clicking on it in a folder, it would hang. I could open office documents by opening the office program e.g. Word and then searching within...
  5. Print a Word document in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print a Word document in Windows 10: All I want to do is print a Word document. When I go to "Print" it indicates "Save print output as" and I have to save as a file. What the heck????? When I save it, it saves as a .pdf and I still can't print the darn thing! All I want to do is print the document without...
  6. Priter does not print. from Office documents.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Priter does not print. from Office documents.: When printing from Office documents printer gives an error. Have checked that the network is functional and am able to print test page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/priter-does-not-print-from-office-documents/8c542126-43f2-43a1-aff5-03e6b0301a60
  7. print a document

in Windows 10 Customization
    print a document: I figured out how to get you the file with one cloud it was my first time please reply back idk why we got disconnected https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYsR83BNH-di2gLBGBZjpBOSx-T?e=Z22cY8...
  8. Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update: Since the update yesterday I am unable to print anything from a document on line. I'm still able to print documents that are on my computer. I've run a troubleshoot from Canon for my printer and there are no problems. Help please!...
  9. Printing a document:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing a document:: When I hit the print option to print a document it always goes to save. It says it goes into an Adobe file and when I got to the Adobe to retrieve it to print I can't find it. How do I get the printer to just print and not save first?...
  10. Office documents are corrupted after recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Office documents are corrupted after recovery: Experts, I have recovered my Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by a data recovery application. It recovered file successfully but now, they are corrupt. I have around 79 files. Please suggest me. 123743