Windows 10: Not ready for 2004 update message

Discus and support Not ready for 2004 update message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fireberd, Jun 12, 2020.

1. fireberd Win User

Not ready for 2004 update message

I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to say what my specific system problem is. The "learn more" is useless. Since it detected an issue it should list what the issue is.

Not ready for 2004 update message [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Jun 12, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Not ready for 2004 update message - Similar Threads - ready 2004 update

2. windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?: when I run windows update I get message "windows 10 May 2020 update is on its way ..." The message always says it it not yet ready for my device. How do I find out what the holdup is? Windows update says this laptop is up to date. Windows system information: system...
  3. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004: Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  4. My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore.: About a week ago i got the message, in windows update, that my pc was ready for the 2004 update and that i could download and install it. I didn't want to rush anything so i decided to wait until i got the time to do proper backups etc. Today i checked in windows update and...
  5. My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore.: About a week ago i got the message, in windows update, that my pc was ready for the 2004 update and that i could download and install it. I didn't want to rush anything so i decided to wait until i got the time to do proper backups etc. Today i checked in windows update and...
  6. 2004 Update Has New Message

2004 Update Has New Message: After checking for the 2004 update for several weeks and getting the message that my computer was not ready for it and there was noting I needed to do at this time, I suddenly got a new message: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device,...
  7. Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004

Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004: I have 2 desktop computers. Speccy reports on each one attached. The Old computer, computer A is about 10 years old. The new computer, Computer B is about 6 months old. I made an image of Computer A when it was on Windows 10 1903. I restored this image to Computer B, I then...
  8. Windows said I was ready for 2004. I was not ready :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows said I was ready for 2004. I was not ready :(: I downloaded and installed, now I don’t boot into windows. I’m not really good at this stuff, every time I restart it says running repairs, running diagnostics and then a blue screen with some options. There’s an option to uninstall updates, is that what I should do? All I do...
  9. Not ready for 2004 update message

Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  10. May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?

May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?: I recently received a message saying "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to...