Windows 10: Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector

Discus and support Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have the parts... I want to make C using A and B without **ANY** possibility of frying the video card.. I know it's likely simple, but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Michale32086, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector

I have the parts...

I want to make C using A and B without **ANY** possibility of frying the video card..

I know it's likely simple, but I am talking a GTX TITAN 6GB Video Card and I don't want to have **ANY** possibility of frying it.. For reasons I don't really want to get into, buying one on Ebay or Amazon is not an option..

Help a brother out???

:)

Michale32086, Mar 19, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Not enough PCI-E Connectors?

Your power supply doesn't have 4 PCI-E connectors? List the exact model number please (HX750, CX750, TX750 etc).

I just looked at each of the above models at Corsair's page, they all have 4 PCI-E connectors, even the CX750 (their budget 'builder' series). I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have all the PCI-E power connectors you need.

If for some reason you are in fact short PCI-E connectors, your cards should have come with a molex to PCI-E adapter like this: (but using it is not recommended, it's better to have the actual PCI-E plugs)

Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector [​IMG]

3. Pinout of the PCI-Express Power Connector

The pin on the connector from the power supply may in fact be connected to +12V, but the pinout of a graphics card PCI-E power connector lists that pin as N/C

-CaT

CaTalyst.X, Mar 19, 2020
  4. bruins004 Win User

Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector

PCI-E Power Connector question

Hi.
    I have the PowerStream 520W power supply and a GeForce 7800 GT PCI-E card.
    I was looking at the PCI-E connectors that came with the power supply and there was no way it could fit on the GeForce connectors due to the plastic holding the connectors.
    Is there any way to connect these?
    Thanks for the help.

bruins004, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector

1. Not Really Windows 10 Per Se... Making a PCI-E 4-pn Power Connector - Similar Threads - Really Per Making

2. SSD PCI-E x4 медленный

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD PCI-E x4 медленный: Купил SSD накопитель A-Data XPG SX6000 Pro ASX6000PNP-512GT-C 512ГБ, M.2 2280, PCI-E x4, NVMe и установил на него Windows 11. Столкнулся с такой проблемой: скорость в 4 раза меньше заявленной. Скачал с официального сайта ssd tool для обновления прошивки, но уже стоит...
  3. Motherboard power connector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard power connector: I have a HP Pavilion p6-2300f desktop, Window 10. I just added a newer dvd writer to it. I had not issue in accomplishing that task. Somehow, I unplugged the connector for the power button. I do know where I should plug it in. I have attache a picture of the connector [img]...
  4. Pci e

Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  5. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  6. PCI E card not recognized

PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  7. PCI E card not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  8. PCI-e power for graphic card

PCI-e power for graphic card: Hi .. just bought a new card, Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G. I noticed something funny .. if I plug the PCI-e power to my PSU, the fan stops running but computer boots up fine. But if I unplug the PCI-e power, the fan starts running when computer boots up and there is...
  9. Will a PCI-E x8 2.0 card work in a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Will a PCI-E x8 2.0 card work in a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot?: I just ordered a new video card, the Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 LP, but then I saw on the gigabyte website that it's PCI-E x8 2.0. That will work on a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot, right? Video card: GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce(R) 700 Series -...
  10. Ati x800xl pci e?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Ati x800xl pci e?: Does the x800xl work in win 10 64? I just need it for testing because the psu I have is only 400w and the only other spare card I have is a GTX280 200+ watt that wouldn't even run on a 500w psu so with a 400w psu the gtx280 is out of the question. Thanks in advance. 70687