Windows 10: Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

Discus and support Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have received the 2004 feature update but I didn't install it. For some reason I had to reset my pc I didn't wanted my files back so I made a factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShreyanshShrivastava1, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

I have received the 2004 feature update but I didn't install it. For some reason I had to reset my pc I didn't wanted my files back so I made a factory reset now I am not getting 2004 update anymore what's the problem

:)

ShreyanshShrivastava1, Jul 2, 2020

2. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

I have received the 2004 feature update but I didn't install it. For some reason I had to reset my pc I didn't wanted my files back so I made a factory reset now I am not getting 2004 update anymore what's the problem

ShreyanshShrivastava1, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

Hi Shreyansh,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Please note that 2004 is barely a month old and you may see unexpected problems.

Try updating to version 2004 using the Media Creation tool and if it fails let us know.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through the Media creation tool or ISO file.

Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/05/featur...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 5, 2020
  4. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

Sir thankyou for your reply it's not that so I wanted that update I just wanted to know when I was offered the update earlier why it is so I am not being offered it now after resetting my pc.

My opinion is that it's better not to install windows update manually . Untill it's urgent

ShreyanshShrivastava1, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

1. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc - Similar Threads - receiving 2004 update

2. After reseting my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After reseting my PC: I just recently reset my pc to factory setting due to finding cssrss.exe in my active processes. I wanted to know if this list looks normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/after-reseting-my-pc/7b0be41f-7f4e-407d-9f87-5d8e8618f2c9
  3. Why My Windows isn't receiving the 2004 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why My Windows isn't receiving the 2004 Update?: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." This is the message that has been my laptop has been showing since the release of the 2004 update. I have waited for a long time and It's almost...
  4. My PC Don't start after windows 10 2004 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC Don't start after windows 10 2004 update.: My PC Don't start after windows 10 2004 update. My Pc is stick in booting loop. I got a black screen first. Secondly, i get a lenovo screen. And thirdly i get black screen where it says searching for media. And then it repeats the same sequence. I tried loading a...
  5. why i never receive the 2004 update?

why i never receive the 2004 update?: Hi, i never receive the 2004 update. I reinstalled my windows with 1903 usb key then 1909 and then nothing.... i don't want to update with media creation tool 100% chance i ll take the fake one.... thanks in advance, See you later...
  6. Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?: Hello, i’m trying to fix a family members computer which updated to Windows 10 2004 overnight back in August. Upon reboot the entire user profile was wiped clean; all downloads, documents, user preferences, and firefox bookmarks are gone. I’ve checked to make sure its not...
  7. instability of pc after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    instability of pc after 2004 update: I recently updated my pc to the 2004 version of windows 10. unfortunately after the update, the cooling fans are running continuously, despite upgrading and installing the manufacturer drivers. The other problem is that when the pc goes to sleep mode, once I wake it up, the...
  8. Windows reset not completing after 2004 update

Windows reset not completing after 2004 update: [IMG] Hello I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3567 8Gb 2Tb to 2004 version of Windows. After a couple of days I had issues with my pc getting slow. later, I could not login to windows as Dell Support Assist detected a problem in OS, and I performed a reset by opting to...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update: My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried...
  10. I can't receive 2004 update

I can't receive 2004 update: I have manually checked for updates and tried the Update Assistant, but i still can't receive the 2004 update From 1909 18363.836 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-receive-2004-update/494e916d-bbe9-4f0d-9eeb-2accfd143ab3