Windows 10: Not receiving a security code

Discus and support Not receiving a security code in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried to sign into my Microsoft account on my computer. It asks to send a security code to my email, but I never receive the code. When I try the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LoraleiSmith, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Not receiving a security code

I tried to sign into my Microsoft account on my computer. It asks to send a security code to my email, but I never receive the code. When I try the "Use a different verification option," it takes me back to the same email and not my phone number so there's no way for me to use my phone number. I tried adding a different email to my account to receive the code, but now it won't update my information for another month. I'm stuck with the email that doesn't receive the code and can't send a text to get the code. What am I supposed to do?

:)

LoraleiSmith, Dec 4, 2020
  2. RobJLau Win User

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Security code.

Hi Jackie,

Let's take care of your concern. Please provide the following information:

• Have you recently change any of your Microsoft account's password?
    • Or anything that may have triggered a security code to be sent?
    • Did you receive it through email or sms?

I will send you a private message that you can reply to and send the screenshot of the message or complete details of the security code through the private message for security purposes.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Not receiving a security code

Security code

Hi Debra,

Security codes are being sent to your email address or phone number that you've used to verify your account. Also, this serves as a security feature that will verify that you're the only one using the account. One of the possible reasons why you haven't
    received the security code is due to a busy server.

• Have you tried checking your Junk Folder and check if the email was sent there?
    • Did you check if it was sent to your alternate email address?
    • How long are you waiting from the time you have requested for a security code?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Not receiving a security code

1. Not receiving a security code - Similar Threads - receiving security code

2. cant receive security codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant receive security codes: cant receive security codes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-security-codes/12b60148-0a82-4aaf-b611-3c872d984388
  3. cant receive security codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant receive security codes: cant receive security codes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-security-codes/12b60148-0a82-4aaf-b611-3c872d984388
  4. cant receive security codes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not receiving security code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving security code: I did not receive the security code when verify my hotmail, but when i reset the password, i received the security code. Kindly check the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-security-code/0510ff3a-baee-45d9-88c1-fd335d9e89be
  6. Not receiving security code

Not receiving security code: I did not receive the security code when verify my hotmail, but when i reset the password, i received the security code. Kindly check the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-security-code/0510ff3a-baee-45d9-88c1-fd335d9e89be
  7. Not Receiving Security Codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Receiving Security Codes: I am trying to sign into my account on a new device. The Microsoft login page directed me to send a code to another email address that I have on file. I did so, but no email came through. I tried several times; nothing happened. It asked if I wanted to add a different...
  8. Not Receiving Security Codes

Not Receiving Security Codes: I am trying to sign into my account on a new device. The Microsoft login page directed me to send a code to another email address that I have on file. I did so, but no email came through. I tried several times; nothing happened. It asked if I wanted to add a different...
  9. not receiving security codes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not receiving security codes: I am not receiving codes to my email when trying to update my security information, they do not show up in my inbox or junk folder, I receive emails for other things but not emails containing the codes, and I have not found anyone who has found a solution....
  10. Receive no security code on phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Receive no security code on phone: Dear all, To see my private folder on OneDrive I need to enter a security code in the application.. I do not receive any security code on my Signal-account. Although I chevcked a thousand times that the 4 last digits of my telephone number are correct. The problem -...