Windows 10: Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

Discus and support Not receiving a verification code by text/sms in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Been trying to use the verification txt/sms in 'Your Info' section of 'Setting' the past couple of day's. Am not receiving the txt from Microsoft.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndrewDeadman, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

Been trying to use the verification txt/sms in 'Your Info' section of 'Setting' the past couple of day's. Am not receiving the txt from Microsoft.

Been reading thou the different thread's here too.... still no closer to fixing said issue... help please....

:)

AndrewDeadman, Oct 27, 2020
  2. ShaVerZ Win User

Authenticator App / Verification Text SMS

Trying to install the Microsoft Authenticator App but as I progress through the setup it asks for a verification code, a code I cannot get because I'm setting up the account on the very app which provides the codes it request!

So, I choose a different verification method and that is mobile. I enter the last four (4) digits of my mobile number as it requests but no text is received. I've tried a number of times now and still, no text.

The mobile number on my account is correct.

I don't want to change any of my details to get around the problem as it puts a temporary hold on my account for 30 days, this I'm trying to avoid. I e had this problem before, all the account information was correct but I, either didn't receive the text
    sms or emails. If I can recall, I did get the verification emails but there was a delay of almost a day but I'm not trying to verify by email so this shouldn't be related unless there's a long day in receiving these text sms.

Any ideas people?

Thanks in advance Not receiving a verification code by text/sms :)

ShaVerZ, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Sharonie2 Win User
    Not receiving security verification codes by text

Text security codes do not arrive at my mobile from various sources. e.g. from banks, wifi, or registration on websites. I have checked my setting and I have not blocked withheld numbers, App Live tile or Notifications.

What do I need to do to start receiving verification codes by text so that I can register on websites, and get WiFi etc?

Sharonie2, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

Receiving wrong verification code to verify email

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a wrong verification code for email verification, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to assist you further:

• Where exactly do you get the prompt/notification to verify the email address?
    • How are you trying to verify the email?

However, you can try using other options to request the verification code i.e. requesting the code over a call or as a text to your phone number and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

For more information on troubleshooting verification codes, you can refer the section
    Troubleshooting verification code issues in the article

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

1. Not receiving a verification code by text/sms - Similar Threads - receiving verification code

2. Never received any verification code from Microsoft via SMS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never received any verification code from Microsoft via SMS.: Hi.I wanna ask, why am I never receiving any verification number to my phone? Even though it's crystal clear that my number currently used for 2-step authentication is correct. I already waited and trying every hours, even days and it never workedIs there any possibility that...
  3. Never received any verification code from Microsoft via SMS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never received any verification code from Microsoft via SMS.: Hi.I wanna ask, why am I never receiving any verification number to my phone? Even though it's crystal clear that my number currently used for 2-step authentication is correct. I already waited and trying every hours, even days and it never workedIs there any possibility that...
  4. not receiving sms verification

not receiving sms verification: Hi,I can't get sms verification codes event though my phone number is correct. What can be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-sms-verification/886ec95d-6193-40f6-80a6-7979d3264d03
  5. not receiving sms verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not receiving sms verification: Hi,I can't get sms verification codes event though my phone number is correct. What can be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-sms-verification/886ec95d-6193-40f6-80a6-7979d3264d03
  6. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  7. SMS with verification code does not arrive

SMS with verification code does not arrive: How to update my alternative security verification 2step when I never received SMS verification code ,tried multiple time in a week but never receiving sms...
  8. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving the SMS Verification Text: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives....
  9. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

Not receiving the SMS Verification Text: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives....
  10. Not receiving SMS verification code when trying to reset password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving SMS verification code when trying to reset password: Hello - I got myself a new surface laptop 3 and to sync I need to confirm with my SMS, however I dont getting any I have before I also try to download the app on the android phone, with the same result. When Im trying other options it all going to the SMS that Im never...