Windows 10: Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

Discus and support Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 on my HP laptop updated some security settings, and disabled the PIN I used for signing in. It asked me for my password, which I entered.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OwenCoogan, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

Windows 10 on my HP laptop updated some security settings, and disabled the PIN I used for signing in. It asked me for my password, which I entered. Then it asked to send an account verification code to my phone via text message. I entered the last 4 digits of my phone number as it is on the account, but I never receive any text message with this code. So now I am locked out of my laptop and cannot sign in at all.I've made numerous attempts to reach someone at MS, but all I can reach are automated phone lines that tell me to go to the website. In order to get help on the website, I need to ent

:)

OwenCoogan, Oct 7, 2021

2. Microsoft Verification Text Messages

Hi all,

I was an IT administrator for a business, which included managing their office 365 account.

I have recently moved on from the company, but I am receiving Microsoft verification text messages regularly.

I believe these are from users who are being prompted with a PIN number on their device which I set up.

How can I stop these text messages being sent to me?

I spoke to Microsoft support and they suggested asking my previous employer to delete my account, but the text messages aren't related to my old account.

could someone please assist

thanks

Deanomac23, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Verification code received to verify email is wrong

Hi Vishal, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Steven and I'm an independent advisor.

Try other options to request the verification code, for example over a phone call or as a text to your phone number and check if that helps.

I suggest you refer to the article with information on troubleshooting verification codes

Microsoft account security info & verification - Troubleshooting verification code issues

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12428/...

____

Steven

Steve Merik, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

not receiving verification code

Hi

I am trying to recover a bitlock code as Dell had to replace the motherboard in my laptop and i cannot start up windows without a bitlock recovery code. since the Dell tech did not inform me i would need this code prior to replacing the motherboard, the
    only way to recover my bitlock code is through my microsoft account. in order to get the code through my microsoft account i need a VERIFICATION CODE. this gets sent to my mobile phone via a text message. i have not been able to consistently get verification
    codes to my mobile. sometimes it works. sometimes it doesn't. right now when i try to get the bitlock code, it is NOT working. note i can send and receive text messages from other people.

This is really frustrating.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cole

cmiklashek, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

1. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening - Similar Threads - receiving account verification

2. Not receiving account verification texts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  3. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  4. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not receiving verification code via phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving verification code via phone: Hi, i’m locked out of my laptop due to bitlocker, i’ve tried logging onto my microsoft account to get the key but for the verification code only shows my landline at first I didn’t realise as i set this account up in 2002 but its the only number ending in those digits. I...
  6. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening: Windows 10 on my HP laptop updated some security settings, and disabled the PIN I used for signing in. It asked me for my password, which I entered. Then it asked to send an account verification code to my phone via text message. I entered the last 4 digits of my phone number...
  7. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening: Windows 10 on my HP laptop updated some security settings, and disabled the PIN I used for signing in. It asked me for my password, which I entered. Then it asked to send an account verification code to my phone via text message. I entered the last 4 digits of my phone number...
  8. Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

Not receiving a verification code by text/sms: Been trying to use the verification txt/sms in 'Your Info' section of 'Setting' the past couple of day's. Am not receiving the txt from Microsoft. Been reading thou the different thread's here too.... still no closer to fixing said issue... help please.......
  9. Not receiving two-step verification code via text

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not receiving two-step verification code via text: I've forgotten my password to my windows account which is the only admin account. I've received the code via backup email and I've tried to get the second via text. I've clicked it so many times that it gave me an error message saying "You've requested too many codes today....
  10. Problem with MS account verification via text

Problem with MS account verification via text: Hi. I was trying to change my Microsoft Password. The verification screen choices include 'send text to my landline number' and 'send email to my work email address'. I checked my MS account info. It shows my mobile number and personal email address. How can I change it so...