Windows 10: Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985)

Discus and support Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please see my thread here https://aka.ms/AA6da6s Snippet below ------------------------------- Registry shows I am enrolled in "External" branch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Master Sergeant, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985)

Please see my thread here

https://aka.ms/AA6da6s

Snippet below

-------------------------------

Registry shows I am enrolled in "External" branch but not insider fast ring like I should be. I am stuck on Build 18985.vb_release.190913-1426

Windows Settings -> Update -> Windows Insider | Only shows I am signed in with my main insider account. Windows update does not receive correct builds though. Repaired my os and various caches to ensure I would be able to receive them through powershell but nothing is working Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985) :p.

Also, your page: https://insider.windows.com/get-previews/ has a broken link, well the whole page is pointed incorrectly. Recommend a fix Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985) :p.

-------------------------------
    Restarted all services and dependencies for Win update

Renamed Software folders and allowed creation

Insider settings no longer show rings or to do anything of the sort, Windows Update says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

Check for update does not receive new builds. Any tips or tricks?

:)

Master Sergeant, Oct 29, 2019

2. No Longer able to receive new Insider Builds on Fast Ring

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You may face this issue due to several reasons. I would suggest you to follow the steps and check

• To continue receiving Insider flights, you need to be on an activated copy of Win10. Please ensure your Win10 build 10240 is activated.

Settings > Update & security > Activation
    • Are you registered to receive flights? You can do so in the following location: Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced settings
    • Are you set to the Insider Fast ring? You can do so in the following location: Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced settings> choose how you get Insider builds. It will take some time to receive an Insider build after changing the settings.
    • When did you opt in for receiving Insider builds? If you've done so in the past few days, you need to know about Compatibility Advisor. After you register your PC to receive Insider builds, this advisor is what provides the basic information about your
      OS and machine. Language, locale, OS type (Home/Pro/Enterprise) and processor architecture (x86 or x64). This is to ensure that we send you the correct version of the OS when we deliver updates to you. Once you opt in to receive Insider builds, it can take
      up to 48 hours for this event to run. Until that happens, the PC in question will not be offered any Insider OS updates.
    • Did you do a clean install of the OS recently? If so, did you opt back in for Insider builds? Clean installs will remove the Insider configurations on your PC. You'll need to opt back in to receive new Insider builds. Once you do that, the bullet point
      above regarding Compatibility Advisor will also apply.
    • Reboot your machine and check for updates again

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 29, 2019
  3. No Longer able to receive new Insider Builds on Fast Ring

Been involved in the insider program since last year. I have been receiving the new build as they were release by Windows update/fast ring no problem. Now windows update does update as supposed to but am not able to get any new builds. Have had this
    problem now from build 10525 and now today 10532. Any known fixes? Thanks

AnthonyVazquez1977, Oct 29, 2019
  4. neb1516 Win User

Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985)

Fast ring until stable build

Is it possible to stay in the fast ring until the next stable build then go back to stable when the new build is released becase the slow ring has barely any builds

neb1516, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985)

1. Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985) - Similar Threads - receiving builds Fast

2. Insider preview fast ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Insider preview fast ring: I am currently stuck on 19592.1001 and even though on the fast ring not getting any updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-fast-ring/a7ef9816-8c49-46eb-946b-10d60151a0c6
  3. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18985 (20H1) - Sept. 19

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18985 (20H1) - Sept. 19: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18985 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. IMPORTANT: As is normal with pre-release builds, these builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If you take this flight, you won’t...
  4. Fast ring until stable build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fast ring until stable build: Is it possible to stay in the fast ring until the next stable build then go back to stable when the new build is released becase the slow ring has barely any builds...
  5. Windows 10 Build 17758 now available for Fast Ring with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17758 now available for Fast Ring with improvements: Microsoft last week released a new Windows 10 preview build 17755 for Fast Ring Insiders from the Redstone 5 branch. Today the Redmond Giant has obliged the Fast Ring Insiders with another new build with version 17758. The Redmond Giant is in the process of completing...
  6. Windows 10 Build 17738 now available with improvements in Fast Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17738 now available with improvements in Fast Ring: As part of Patch Tuesday, Microsoft generally releases builds for its older versions of Windows 10. But as a surprise Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Insider Build 17738 for Fast Ring insiders along with builds for its older versions. Since Redstone 5 is now in the...
  7. Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question: I updated a W10 OS and I'm seeing something i've never seen before. The Notification Area shows left and right arrows to scroll, and a large blank area in the right corner. This is a W10 Insider Preview fast ring OS, updated to the latest offered. It's a bare metal...
  8. Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build: How to: Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build [img] Information Microsoft has a clear policy to release ISO images for Windows 10 Insiders only when a build will be released to Slow Ring. Quite a many of us keen Fast Ring Windows Insiders create an ISO...
  9. We will not have new builds this week for Fast ring, for PC or Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    We will not have new builds this week for Fast ring, for PC or Mobile: We will not have new builds this week for Fast ring, for PC or Mobile Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49169
  10. It appears that build 10575 is in the Internal Fast Ring

in Windows 10 News
    It appears that build 10575 is in the Internal Fast Ring: ]Last week gave us new builds for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, and since then another build, 10568, has leaked on to the internet, but Microsoft is pushing ahead with new Windows Insider builds, and over the weekend Gabe Aul tweeted out that a new build has reached...